iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

STOP BRUSHING YOUR TEETH

Started by JAMES G, June 02, 2007, 09:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAMES G

that is if you use cooldent toothpaste.news reports say this chineese made toothpaste has chemicals used in making antfreeze.they recommend all toothpaste made in china be thrown away.first they try and kill our dogs and cats and now they are after our teeth!whats next? ???

Burlkraft

It's about taking over the world....one molar at a time..... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

scgargoyle

At least it'll keep the yoopers gums from freezin' durin' da winter.....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

MemphisLogger

It's my understanding that PEG is a regular ingredient in most big name toothpastes--something about keeping all the other ingredients in suspension.

That's one of the reasons I love "Tom's of Maine"--especially the fennel flavor.  ;D
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

beenthere

PEG isn't antifreeze......

I'd heard that the ingredient causing concern in the the Chinese toothpaste was brake fluid........??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Why not throw a little kerosene in the mix to?  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

rpg52

Just a FYI:  Ethelene glycol is the "bad" poisonous antifreeze - as it breaks down it ruins kidneys (lots of dogs & cats drink it cause it tastes sweet).  Propylene (maybe mis-spelling both of these) glycol is used in ice cream, toothpaste, and the non-toxic antifreezes, etc.  Somehow the Chinese toothpaste got some ethylene glycol in it.  Definitely not good.
Ray
Belsaw circle mill, in progress.

Dodgy Loner

Right, and PEG, which was mentioned above, is polyethylene glycol, not ethylene glycol.  It's used as a wood treatment to prevent splitting and warping, but I'm not sure what its toxicity is.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

TexasTimbers

I can't imagine someone squeezing pennies so hard they buy chinese toothpaste.

We use good 'ol communist-backed Arm & Hammer.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Sprucegum

One of Great-Grandmas recipies , to cure Dang near anything , was a teaspoon of Kerosene  :-X  :o  :-X

Robert R

The good news is if you happen to get antifreeze poisoning, the problem with it is that it gets filtered out so fast by your kidneys that they get all tore up by the crystals it causes but the treatment for it is to slow that filtering down and that is accomplished by getting the poor hapless victim, shall we say, innebriated and keep them that way until all the antifreeze is clear of their system.  Can't beat drunk on doctors orders and you can really mean it when you have to say it is for medicinal purposes!
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Burlkraft

SEE  ??? ??? 

I told Beenthere that eatin' chcken livers was like eatin' a used oil filter......

Who knows if them chickens been brushin' their beaks with Chinese toothpast after they just got done eatin' their China ingedents filled feed..........

I Told Ya........ :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SPIKER

I think they should have thought out their idea to take over the USA with tooth paste as they would be missing a big population in WV and TN & Kentucky as they only need enough tooth paste to cover their TOOTH :D  sling_shot smiley_hillbilly_tub_base smile_banjoman smiley_fiddler smiley_whacko

ok HE smiley_devil_trident made me do it :D

In case anyone asks I'm going into hiding now ;)  & J/K anyway

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Cedarman

What do you mean throw it out!!!.  I would take it back where I bought it and make them buy it back.  They should pay for the expense of bringing it back too.  Those companies that deliberately or carelessly put nasties in the food should be paying.  They know how to keep our food safe and the processors should do it.

We have very few problems in the US.  I for one won't eat anything I know that came from China.  Do you think very many Chinese workers care a hoot about what happens using their products across the pond?

Food coming into this country should be checked.  So it would make the cost higher. Well be safer and our farmers will get to produce more.

So much for my rant.  This trips my trigger.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Norm

I was on a tour in China when we stopped by some farm workers that were watering greens with some of the most foul smelling water you'd ever seen. I asked the tour guide where the water came from, it was sewer water. I made sure not to eat any salads the rest of my time there.

Of course the lettuce that made so many people sick was grown in California. They were spraying it with sewage water from a dairy farm.

johncinquo

My son was all geeked about "Agent Cool Blue".   It is a mouth rinse, that turns the placque blue, and then you brush until you dont see any blue.    They recalled it and issued a warning that it was toxic for some reason.  Great, back to "get your hiney in there and brush!".  Better than glowin in the dark I guess.

In many countries outside the US, the most widely used fertilizer is human manure.  Makes you want to update your passport huh.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

TexasTimbers

Yeah. Makes rearing a baby coon seem like child's play - (and it is sorta).

I don't really wanna talk about the germs which find their way into our mouths when we go out to eat. Much worse than your own kitchen which is a virtual germ factory too. ::) I just have to block it out or else I can't enjoy my steak dinner when we eat out.  :-\

Cedarman

Bacteria and viruses came first.  They invented animals to help move them around and keep them warm.  They come with side effects every once in a while.

TexasTimbers

Dave Shepard

Cedarman, you been watching David Attenborough again? ;) :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ohsoloco

About a week ago I heard about the brake fluid in the Chinese toothpaste.  Not sure why it was in there, but the justitfication was that you spit the toothpaste out when you're done brushing your teeth  ::)  >:(

Ron Wenrich

Tell that to a 3 year old.   ;)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

pigman

SPIKER,  >:(     I have you know that I have more than one tooth. Well, not many more, but a few more. ;) ;D

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Cedarman

Do the ones in the jar count?

OneWithWood

Brushing your teeth with just a nekkid toothbrush (no toothpaste) gets your teeth and gums just as clean and no sugars are added.  Floss a bit and you are good to go.  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!