iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something I started back in the early spring.

Started by arkansas, July 19, 2007, 11:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansas

I am also learning how these pics. and things work here too.
Michael
Working on a hot LT40HD for now

Haytrader

Looks good. o, have you sawed on it by now?
Haytrader

arkansas

Yepp, does pretty well for my first attempt, but there has been plenty of bugs to work out.

brdmkr

Building your own mill is awesome.  Keep us posted as you make mods.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Sprucegum

8) How did you make those boards without makin' any sawdust?  ;D  ;D

arkansas

Was kinda of an over sight, lots of clean up inside the shop.

jrokusek

Check out his gallery - lots of pretty reddish sawdist all over EVERYTHING!  (whoops....arkansas  beat me to it) Bet your wife loves that mess.

Man isn't that a good feeling?!?  Is that a Bill Rakes design?  It looks great.  Can you give us some spec's such as HP, width of cut, length of cut, etc.

Jim

arkansas

Wife never messes with my shop, or as she likes to call it my "laboratorium". That mess was all mine, the way she sees it.  Started with an 8 hp honda, up graded to a 25 hp electric now, pics. this evening maybe, 24" cut atm, will be 30" in a few days, 24" just doesn't get where I want to go, 14' length, mod. sense pics taken, carriage feed, electric power, electric head raise and lower, log stops, and log dog, hydro. unit ready for installation along with guards.  Not really anyones design, just looked at lots of pics. on the net and barrowed some ideas from this one and that one.

Michael

arkansas

Here is where things are at the moment.  What do ya'll think so far?

Tom

It really looks good except for the width of the bed.  Don't you anticipate that extra bed width, outside of the bandwheels, to impede off-bearing?

Still, building a mill to the stage that you have reached takes a pretty smart fellow and a lot of hard work.   Ya did good.  :)

arkansas

Tom, you are very right about the extra bed width making off bearing alittle more difficult, but I have an idea on this problem and maybe make it more of an oppertunity.

Michael

Tom

Aha!!  I smell  smoke.    You planning again?

arkansas

jrokusek

What did you use for drive hubs to attach to your wheels?  I'm using a go-kart axle and matching hubs and think mine is a bit light.  Yours looks more substantial.

Jim

arkansas

Jim,
I used a chevy pickups rear axles, just put them in my lath and turned down an area on the shaft for a 1 1/4" bearing to run and used the area that the factory used next to the hub for a 1 5/8" bearing.

Thank You Sponsors!