iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw kickback death

Started by Mike_Barcaskey, August 25, 2008, 09:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Barcaskey

about 5 miles from me

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/08/25/news/doc48b22c8bbcdcc941168603.txt

Logging accident kills worker
ADVERTISEMENT
By Michael Pound, Times Staff
Published: Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:53 PM EDT
INDEPENDENCE TWP. — A Titusville man was killed in a logging accident Friday morning in Independence Township.

Rodney D. Swanson, 45, was working with a logging crew in the township around 11:30 a.m. Friday morning when he was fatally injured by his chainsaw, said Wayne Tatalovich Jr., Beaver County deputy coroner.

Tatalovich said Swanson was driven to Commonwealth Medical Center in Aliquippa, where he was pronounced dead around 1:25 p.m. Friday. Tatalovich said Swanson was killed by a blow to the head.

"I was told the chainsaw he was working with got stuck and kicked back," Tatalovich said. "It struck him in the face."

Tatalovich, who was called to the hospital, said he didn't know where or for whom the crew was working. Township police could not be reached for comment.

According to information from his obituary, Swanson owned Swanson Tree Service in Titusville and had worked for other services in the past. He was married and had three daughters.

Michael Pound can be reached online at mpound@timesonline.com.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Thank You Sponsors!