iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Aspartame poisoning (allergy?)

Started by Dave Shepard, August 28, 2008, 09:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueox

I like the idea that if your Grandma doesn't recognize it, you shouldn't eat it. Grandma raised her own chickens, beer & hogs,

OOOpppss I made a mistake, I meant to say she raised her own chickens BEEF and hogs... 8) Thats funny, Gram just turned 80 she'll get a kick out of that!

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

SPIKER

Quote from: blueox on September 02, 2008, 08:53:52 AM
I like the idea that if your Grandma doesn't recognize it, you shouldn't eat it. Grandma raised her own chickens, beer & hogs,

OOOpppss I made a mistake, I meant to say she raised her own chickens BEEF and hogs... 8) Thats funny, Gram just turned 80 she'll get a kick out of that!

Laurel

I just figured grandma liked BEER :D  Maybe it was a subliminal thought you were having lol ;)
Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Part_Timer

My aspritame experiment cost me along the lines of $4500 to
$6000 in medical bills.  2 ct's and 3 mri's a couple of years of various meds blindness, high blood preasure and a stroke.
Scientific evidence or not I won't do that again on purpose.

For those that don't like the taste of their water, look into an Aqua Rain filter.  It takes all the mineral and smell out of our well water and makes it drinkable.  Saves a bundle over bottled water.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Don_Papenburg

Hey PT send that bill to Monsanto let them know what the cost of their tech. realy is .  Tell them that it is just a tech.fee        Sorta like they impose on the American Farmer ,but not on the rest of the world.   Do you know any mean nasty lawyer that would like to sue them for the cost of your med bills plus a healthy compensation for your suffering.  I would love to see that happen to Americas nastiest company
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Part_Timer

:D :D :D

in order to get any money I'd have to talk someone at McDonalds into heating my diet Mt.Dew to around 170 degrees, put it in a cheap plastic cup and dump it in my lap.  ;)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Bibbyman

Glenn Beck is sick... This artical attributes it to drinking Diet Coke - with aspertame - natch.

http://www.infowars.com/warning-to-glenn-beck-dont-drink-diet-coke/
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Chris Burchfield

The pink stuff gives my wife migraines.  She uses the yellow stuff instead of sugar cause of her type II diabetes.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Rocky_Ranger

I like the misspell Blueox noted on his post, having moved to a new location I needed a new sawbones.  Went in and talked to the guy and he literally spent 30 minutes just chatting with me on how I was feeling, medications, and diet.  I've never been treated as such before, always get in, get out, pay bill.  He asked how I had put down a on the history sheet I drank small amounts of beer a week (I should have said/day - but I digress); anyway, he said a beer a day is really good for a person - a six pack, however, is not.  Hearing this information cemented me finding this doc as acceptable! :D 
RETIRED!

Tom

Cherish the find.  The only time I've had the luck to converse with a doctor is when they are fresh out of school and haven't been jaded into thinking that they are in big business.  Once they lose that bed-side manner and philanthropy, that they had when they were young, they just end up being mechanics.

Patty

With this whole stupid ankle episode, I have found a new doctor as well. She is a DO, about my age, maybe a little younger. Norm has used her a couple times, and really was impressed, so when I fell last week I gave her a try. My first meeting with her was certainly not what I expected. I was sitting in a chair in the exam room instead of up on the table which I couldn't have gotten onto without help. She came in after I waited about 15 seconds and just plopped down on the floor to examine my foot. She was dressed in blue jeans and a t-shirt, very casual and so unassuming....she put me at ease immediately. I am so relieved to find a doctor finally that:

1) I trust
2) Treats me with respect
3) Thinks I do have a brain
4) Does not think she is God

We have searched for her for several years since our old doc died. Finally I think Norm and I can say we have a family doctor once again.  8)

Keep looking if you do not like your doctor, there are still good ones out there and I think they are worth the search.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Don_Papenburg

Patty , What is a DO?
  I have not had a doc for years . The one I went to was real good . He never took apointments , He said you come in and wait your turn .  If he had a full waiting room it would take about one half hour .  I remember one time I went to see him and he told me he could not help me but I was to go see  Dr. soanso , As I got up to leave I asked how much do I owe ? He said what you mean ,I gave you no shot no pills you owe me nothing .
One time my brother went there and noone was around . He waited a little bit  and was about to go out the door when the doc came in said just a min. I will clean up a bit  I was out back putting a new motor in my Caddy.
We sure miss him  .  Office calls with a bottle of pills or a shot was between $5.oo and $10.oo

Oh  I drink a lot of ice water or unsweetened ice tea.  I was talking to my cousin a few years ago complaining about the cheap plastic themos jugs and how they did not keep my water cold .  He told me that he liked his water warm as pizz.

Patty

A DO is a "doctor of osteopathic medicine". They are trained differently than a "medical doctor" is in medical school. (different schools entirely) Below is how they describe it:

"Osteopathic medicine is a unique form of American medical care that was started in 1874 by Andrew Taylor Still, MD, DO. Dr. Still was dissatisfied with the effectiveness of 19th century medicine. He believed that many of the medications of his day were useless or even harmful. Dr. Still was one of the first in his time to study the attributes of good health so that he could better understand the process of disease.

Dr. Still developed a philosophy of medicine based on ideas that date back to Hippocrates, the father of medicine. That philosophy focuses on the unity of all body parts. Dr. Still identified the musculoskeletal system as a key element of health. He recognized the body's ability to heal itself and stressed preventive medicine, eating properly and keeping fit.

Dr. Still pioneered the concept of "wellness" more than 135 years ago. In today's terms, DOs evaluate each patient's health risks—such as smoking, high blood pressure, excessive cholesterol levels and stress. In concert with prescribing appropriate medical treatment, osteopathic physicians act as teachers to help patients take more responsibility for their well-being and to change unhealthy patterns. "

My experience in working with both practices, the MD treats the disease or injury, while the DO treats the entire body, in my opinion. Of course, as in all fields, some do a better job than others. Neither is better or worse, I just happen to prefer the mindset of the schooling for the DO.

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

mrcaptainbob

Had several personal experiences about that, Patty, and I agree whole heartedly.

Don_Papenburg

Thanks  Patty,  I had only heard of them called Osteopaths  around here so DO stumped me.

Patty

Back in the day..........when i first was in nursing, DO's were shunned, and many did not consider them "real" doctors. This has changed over the years, or maybe just in Iowa, but now they are treated as equals in most instances. It could be only in Iowa because we have an Osteopathic college that churns out quite a few. In rural communities doctors are a hot commodity, so not many folks really care what initials the docs have behind their name.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Faron

Chris is sick as can be tonight.  At the end of an all day meeting at work yesterday, a co worker brought her a fountain drink.  Minute Maid Lemonade.  She asked the usual question, "This is not diet, is it?"  She was assured it was not.  She didn't drink it at work, but sipped on it during her hour long commute home.  Before she made it home, she had a migraine.  Headache, tooth and jaw pain, eye socket pain, the works.   :(  She is not a lot better this morning. I checked a couple sites looking for ingredients.  Yep, aspartame.  The government and the industry liars can release all the studies they want.  I know the truth.  That stuff is poison for many people, and bad for all of us.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Patty

I am sorry Faron, I sure hope she feels better soon. Do you just have to wait for it to get out of her system, or is there something she can take to relieve the pain?
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Faron

Patty, she is afraid to take anything for fear of rebound headaches.  We have been down that road before, and it is not a good one.  She is some better now, but not a lot.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Patty

I imagine it takes a few days to get it all out of her system. Poor girl, I hope she gets back to her old self very soon.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Bro. Noble

Well, when I get too much of that stuff, everything gets out of my system real quick :(
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!