The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Aspartame poisoning (allergy?)  (Read 13051 times)

Offline Don_Papenburg

• Senior Member x2
  • I need money
    • Share Post
Re: Aspartame poisoning (allergy?)
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010, 09:33:45 PM »
Patty , What is a DO?
  I have not had a doc for years . The one I went to was real good . He never took apointments , He said you come in and wait your turn .  If he had a full waiting room it would take about one half hour .  I remember one time I went to see him and he told me he could not help me but I was to go see  Dr. soanso , As I got up to leave I asked how much do I owe ? He said what you mean ,I gave you no shot no pills you owe me nothing .
 One time my brother went there and noone was around . He waited a little bit  and was about to go out the door when the doc came in said just a min. I will clean up a bit  I was out back putting a new motor in my Caddy.
 We sure miss him  .  Office calls with a bottle of pills or a shot was between $5.oo and $10.oo

Oh  I drink a lot of ice water or unsweetened ice tea.  I was talking to my cousin a few years ago complaining about the cheap plastic themos jugs and how they did not keep my water cold .  He told me that he liked his water warm as pizz.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Offline Patty

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2010, 02:43:57 PM »
A DO is a "doctor of osteopathic medicine". They are trained differently than a "medical doctor" is in medical school. (different schools entirely) Below is how they describe it:

"Osteopathic medicine is a unique form of American medical care that was started in 1874 by Andrew Taylor Still, MD, DO. Dr. Still was dissatisfied with the effectiveness of 19th century medicine. He believed that many of the medications of his day were useless or even harmful. Dr. Still was one of the first in his time to study the attributes of good health so that he could better understand the process of disease.

Dr. Still developed a philosophy of medicine based on ideas that date back to Hippocrates, the father of medicine. That philosophy focuses on the unity of all body parts. Dr. Still identified the musculoskeletal system as a key element of health. He recognized the body's ability to heal itself and stressed preventive medicine, eating properly and keeping fit.

Dr. Still pioneered the concept of "wellness" more than 135 years ago. In today's terms, DOs evaluate each patient's health riskssuch as smoking, high blood pressure, excessive cholesterol levels and stress. In concert with prescribing appropriate medical treatment, osteopathic physicians act as teachers to help patients take more responsibility for their well-being and to change unhealthy patterns. "

My experience in working with both practices, the MD treats the disease or injury, while the DO treats the entire body, in my opinion. Of course, as in all fields, some do a better job than others. Neither is better or worse, I just happen to prefer the mindset of the schooling for the DO.

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Offline mrcaptainbob

• I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2010, 10:45:13 PM »
Had several personal experiences about that, Patty, and I agree whole heartedly.

Offline Don_Papenburg

• Senior Member x2
  • I need money
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 11:12:18 PM »
Thanks  Patty,  I had only heard of them called Osteopaths  around here so DO stumped me.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Offline Patty

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2010, 05:54:57 PM »
Back in the day..........when i first was in nursing, DO's were shunned, and many did not consider them "real" doctors. This has changed over the years, or maybe just in Iowa, but now they are treated as equals in most instances. It could be only in Iowa because we have an Osteopathic college that churns out quite a few. In rural communities doctors are a hot commodity, so not many folks really care what initials the docs have behind their name.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Offline Faron

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2010, 07:11:34 AM »
Chris is sick as can be tonight.  At the end of an all day meeting at work yesterday, a co worker brought her a fountain drink.  Minute Maid Lemonade.  She asked the usual question, "This is not diet, is it?"  She was assured it was not.  She didn't drink it at work, but sipped on it during her hour long commute home.  Before she made it home, she had a migraine.  Headache, tooth and jaw pain, eye socket pain, the works.   :(  She is not a lot better this morning. I checked a couple sites looking for ingredients.  Yep, aspartame.  The government and the industry liars can release all the studies they want.  I know the truth.  That stuff is poison for many people, and bad for all of us.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Offline Patty

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2010, 08:15:17 AM »
I am sorry Faron, I sure hope she feels better soon. Do you just have to wait for it to get out of her system, or is there something she can take to relieve the pain?
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Offline Faron

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »
Patty, she is afraid to take anything for fear of rebound headaches.  We have been down that road before, and it is not a good one.  She is some better now, but not a lot.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Offline Patty

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2010, 01:55:05 PM »
I imagine it takes a few days to get it all out of her system. Poor girl, I hope she gets back to her old self very soon.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Offline Bro. Noble

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
Well, when I get too much of that stuff, everything gets out of my system real quick :(
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Springtime & Allergys

Started by Woodwalker on General Board

5 Replies
Last post March 24, 2006, 11:35:18 PM
by CHARLIE
xx
Wood allergy

Started by Tacotodd on Health and Safety

18 Replies
Last post March 07, 2021, 11:17:38 PM
by Old Greenhorn