iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Dirty Mouse

Started by Tom, August 28, 2009, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Nah!  It's not about Minnie doing the strip-tease.

I've got a wireless mouse.  I like it but the little pads under it are worn away. I need to try to find some more, or make some from something.  They will have to slide easily and not  lift the mouse off of the face of the table.

The little wheel on the front that is used for scrolling and other features, got dirty inside.  I was afraid I had worn it out.  I washed it out with rubbing alcohol one day and it helped to free it up some, but it started hanging up again a couple of days ago.  Tonight, I took it to the laundry room, where I keep the wd-40 and sprayed the wheel and tried to reach the axle.  Then I turned the mouse upside down, and with a paper napkin in my hand, rubbed it back and forth for a few seconds.  It seemed to help so I did it again and rubbed it back and forth for about 30 seconds.  Now it is as free as it was when it was new. That stuff was concocted to dry electronic parts, wasn't it?   Well, I thought it was and that it shouldn't hurt anything.

Now all I have to do is find something to use for pads under the mouse.   ;D

Brian_Rhoad

You may have to make some pads. Look for stencil material in a craft shop. It is thin plastic that is easy to cut. Use a hole punch to make little circles and glue them where the old pads were.

Tom