iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Saga....

Started by DanG, September 02, 2009, 01:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

BO is prolly bringing OWW around, as OWW ain't gonna be fooled.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

Quote from: OneWithWood on September 11, 2009, 01:07:02 PM
All I got to say is; Aren't you glad I staid off the restricted topics list?  Your chest pains would probably have come on quicker and the outcome may not have been as rosy.  :D

;)

Quote from: DanG on September 11, 2009, 06:49:16 PM
Robert, do you really think you could stress me out that bad? ::)  You oughta get back on there.  How in the world am I ever gonna straighten out your thinkin' if you ain't around?

LOL LOL LOL You guys crack me up.  I love this place.

Left Coast Chris

DanG,

Im seein a race car that just got its timing adjusted and is heading out of the pit stop at full acceleration!  Engine not missing anymore and enough horse power to spin the tires again!   

Great to hear your strength is back......... our prayers are going out for you.

By the sounds of things, you have alot of laps left before the checkered flag!

P.S. --- The wife really loves the Craftsman riding lawn mower with gator blade per your recommendation (what would we do without you?) :) :) 8)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

DoubleD

Hi Dan I m glad you are still around with us  8) 8) 8) I wish you the best for your health

Davide ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

limbrat

Congratulations; I hope this dont sound wrong but i think you are very lucky to be able to see your death as they say, appreciate it and walk away from it for a while. I hope to avoid such a revolation so i have dropped 6 pant sizes, but im still trying to keep my smokes dry.
After a while you might not even miss stuff like fresh cracklins. Greens are still on but maybe not the fat back or smoked hocks. I hope you dont give it up till its wore out.
ben

DanG

Thanks Limbrat, and no it doesn't sound wrong.  It is wonderful to still be here, as it always has been.  It's funny, but I never had any feeling of being in danger, especially once the truck got here.  In looking back through the Morphine fog though, it is apparent that some others were quite worried...folks like Paramedics, Nurses, and Doctors. :o  I knew I was having a heart attack, and that is always a serious matter, but I also knew it was a relatively mild one because of my lack of traumatic symptoms.

Congrats to you on that weight loss! 8) 8)  I don't have a weight problem, but we'll see what happens on that front, now that I've quit smoking.  So far I haven't seen a big increase in appetite, and I expect to be more active than I have been lately, so maybe I'll be able to maintain.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

I'm still hankerin for the next saga installment.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

fishpharmer

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 13, 2009, 10:11:10 PM
Looked like your twin brother cutting a ham sammy with Tom :D

You mean there's two of them?? :D :D :D ;) ;) ;D ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

David Freed

I just found this thread. Glad to hear you are doing ok. Your input here on this forum is a big part of what makes it interesting, funny, helpful, educational, etc. Try to be as stubborn as you can and hang around for another 40 or 50 years.

DanG

Well Thank You David, for those kind words. :) :)  Ya know, we seem to sort of expect a little bit of praise and a bit of "over the top" comment from the ones with whom we interact on a regular basis, when something like this happens.  But it is these kinds of unexpected expressions that make us realize that what we say on here has a widespread effect.  Now, I recognize David's name and remember some of his posts, but it is only now that I realize that he is a part of my "extended Family."  I am greatly gratified by the knowledge that I would be missed if I were to depart.  To know that I would be missed by people with whom I have had little, if any, interaction with is just downright overwhelming, and very, very much appreciated! :) :) :)

Raider Bill and Fish, that was me in the flesh makin' that sammich!  My Mama and Daddy tried their best to duplicate the feat of my creation, but their best effort came out looking like Tom Selleck.  We keep him hidden from public view as much as possible. ::) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mooseherder

DanG, your Ham picture inspired me to buy a Ham and copycat you.
Had me 2 Ham Samiches last night I cut myself off the bone.  All I needed was bread and mayonaise. :)
Gonna make a few more too along with some boiled dinner with the rest of it some time this weekend.

IMERC

Dan....

Glad to see yur soundin' like the DanG everybody knows...

this is is good... (accompanied by all the big league cheerleaders cheering their in the background)
psssssst... don't look too closely... may cause a set back....

just the same still pullin' fer ya..
if ya ever get annoyed with all the pullin' I can change sides a push some instead...

fer some really wied reason I thought of ya today and landed a beautiful Kokanee with yur name on it for ya...
5/14... still in prime silver with a touch of golden red... just georgous...
released him... we gotta have a bunch more DG's running around out here...

BTW the record is 6/11 - I think...

if it's any comfort...
most all that know me say that when they pass on they want to come back as one of my dogs...

Dan, yur welcome here any time even if I have to wait another 30 years which I'm sure it will be...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

old joe

DanG.

We need an update!!

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

DanG

Well jeepers, I guess this ain't going away until I finish the tale! :D :D  I forgot to look and see where I left off, but I think it was in the ER when Becton went sashaying off into the sunrise.  Shortly afterwards, his relief came into my room and introduced herself as Angie.  O.M.G.!  Is this a stress test?! :o :o  For a minute there, I thought I must have passed away and gone on to my reward!  No such luck.  She turned out to be just another competent Nurse who saw to my needs for a few hours.  The blood test they use to determine if you've actually had a heart attack came back negative, so they took some more blood to do it over.  It seems that the enzymes that the body produces to repair the heart, don't show up for a while.  A mere ten hours after my arrival, it was determined that I was indeed under attack by my own heart, so they sent me up to a room on the Cardiac floor.  There I met John, yet another highly competent Nurse who would be my caretaker for the next few hours.  John had a few hours left on his 12 hour shift, so my Son and I got to know him a little bit.  He was relieved by another Nurse whose name I can't remember, then relieved her after her 12 was over.

Meanwhile, I was visited by a Cardiologist who told me that I would undergo a Catheterization sometime the next morning.  There were 3 cases worse than mine, which would go ahead of me, along with whatever might come in during the night.  As it turned out, I began to have some pretty serious chest pains about 8 A.M. and called for a Nurse.  It happened that John was back on duty, and he showed up in my room in mere seconds!  He was followed by a team of other Nurses, and they started throwing Nitro tabs under my tongue and inserting various drugs into my IV.  John left the room as quickly as he had come in, and was gone for what seemed like about five minutes.  When he returned, he was pushing a gurney.  They loaded me onto it and we took off down the hall at a dead run!  All this time, I'm saying, "Hey, relax a little bit!  I feel fine now."  Apparently they felt like the EKG they were looking at trumped my drug-induced euphoria, so they proceeded to wheel me down the hall at a pretty good pace.  Now, I ain't exactly sure why they put the Heart Cath. lab a full 3 miles down the hall from the Cardiac floor, but that's the way it is! :D  Fortunately, John is not only a good Nurse, he is obviously in pretty DanG good shape, too! :D  Somewhere along the way, he handed me a couple of pills and asked if I could swallow them dry.  I did, and that turned out to be the total of my anesthesia for the procedure... one Benadryl, and one Valium. ::)  We finally arrived at the lab and I saw three people working feverishly to get things ready.  The Doc quipped that I sure know how to get bumped to the front of the line!  I told him that I have work to do and can't be pussyfooting around with these rinkydink little heart problems.  Could he please just get on with it and save the pleasantries for a more appropriate time?  Well, actually I didn't say that, but it would have been cool.  I think I actually said something like, "MMMMMHHH!"

Anyway, even if my ticker was balky, the rest of my bod was quite cooperative.  The were able to do the procedure "Radially", which means they went in through my wrist instead of my groin.  About 2 minutes after my arrival, they had me on this slab of lead and were inserting this thing in my wrist.  I was warned that I would feel something warm, and I did, and this big ol' "thing" started rotating and scanning over my chest.  Suddenly, it stopped and backed up just a tad, and the Doc said, "There it is" and he pulled the thing out of my arm and sent me away.

My next stop was CICU, which I later learned was a mistake.  I was supposed to have gone back to the floor.  They finally realized it and sent me back there, after pulling all of my IV tubes off.  They even made me walk instead of being pushed.  Later that evening, the Cardiologist's Nurse Practitioner came to see me and said that they were releasing me.  She told me not to worry about my heart, but to be careful with my wrist for the next day or so. ::)  The next morning, the hospital's folks discharged me as soon as Linda got there.  They let me walk from my bed to the parking garage, which is something new to me.  I went straight to the left-side door of the car.  Linda says, "Don't you think I should drive?"  I said, "Hell no!  Don't you realize I have a bad heart?!"

They put me on Plavix for 30 days, and that stuff is kicking my butt.  I can hardly hold my eyes open!  But I only have about another week of that, and I should be back to my normal, sorry self. ;D 8) ;D 8)

Y'all can stop worrying about me now.  I'm fine! ;) :) :) :)

IMERC

just out of cureosity...

define normal... using the members here as a scale...

glad to see a decent report card... BTW...

DanG

Normal?  Oh Jeeze, I have misspake!  I really should have said, "usual." :D :D :D

IMERC

I'm often told to act normal....

just trying for input....

DanG

If you could act normal, you'd have a houseful of Oscars! :D :D :D

IMERC

REALLY?!?!?!

like as in a prize???
I like prizes....

but this behavior thing is so cornfuseing....

some say... act normal...
others say... behave...
a lot say... grow up...
then I get... act yur age...
most often it's... what's wrong with ya???

so what's a guy suppose to do???

how about... no matter how old I get I refuse to grow up....

and even that gets substancial comentary.....

gheeeeeze....

isawlogs

I got a few of those over the years and also a new to me not so long ago

" That boy there , just aint quite right "   ::)  Just cant win , if your not quite right , ya aint quite wrong , then again maybe it was not ment in that way  smiley_headscratch  Now Dang what ever did you mean by that , ??? 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

Quote from: isawlogs on September 23, 2009, 10:25:25 AM

I got a few of those over the years and also a new to me not so long ago

" That boy there , just aint quite right "   ::)  Just cant win , if your not quite right , ya aint quite wrong , then again maybe it was not ment in that way  smiley_headscratch  Now Dang what ever did you mean by that , ??? 

Yeah I used to get that, and then the others, as well, now they just say "he's a good old boy", they stop just short of patting me on the head. >:(
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

IMERC

what about the pat on the back of the hand???

Thank You Sponsors!