iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CCA pressure treated..........

Started by gator gar, March 19, 2010, 10:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

Been on the phone this morning trying to find someone close by that pressure treats lumber. I found out, that there is a facility that does it about 1 hour from where I live. He said the moisture content needs to be at or below 25% and he will do it for .17 a BF. Not too bad of a deal, for someone who needs some post in the future.  This is strictly ground contact. I guess the price will go up for different penetrations. All I have to do is set up an account and it will be on, like a neckbone.

gator gar

http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/infxtra/infpre.html   This is a good link telling some things about pressure treated lumber, that some of you might be interested in.

Tripp

Gator Gar,

Thanks for the link very interesting.

Thats in the ballpark for what I pay for CCA treatment in this area. I believe it was around 125 per thousand on my last order. I piggybacked about 4  thousand board feet of 4x4 posts with a local miller that does alot of volume. That may account for the lower price.

While on the subject of treatment. I put some posts in the ground about 4 years ago that were yellow in color. I already have significant rot in these posts. I have contactacted the manufacturer and they are coming out to look at them next week. They seemed genuinely suprised about the problem and offered to replace them. I am glad to have the replacements, but what about the building they are holding up? I will let you know about the outcome.

Tripp

Meadows Miller

Gday

CCA Down here stars at about $200 per thousand for gound contact 15yrs warranty and goes upto $400 per thousand for marine grade /inground with a 40 year warranty  ;)

Tripp those posts wernt boxed heart where they as heartwood the center 4" dosent take treatment  properly for a start it sounds like they either were'nt dry enough at treatment or the logs the posts came out of where of decent size and they where boxing the heart and selling it as a post  ;) thats the times ive seen the yellowish tinge in treated timber Mate  ;)

with sawing your own posts for treatment boxed heart is fine if its coming out of small logs say 6x6"s out of 8 " dia logs as the aim is to treat the 1st inch of sapwood  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!