iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade sharpener and tooth setter question.

Started by gator gar, August 08, 2010, 09:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

This would be the old style sharpener and setter that I found for sell and am wondering, in your honest opinion what the set would be worth?? I think it is pretty old and not sure what shape it is in. So you could give me your opinion on price in a:

Poor
Good
Great shape

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

paul case

gator,
i would wnat more info.is it a manual or automatic,is the setter a single or double and do they have a brand? pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

gator gar

Quote from: paul case on August 08, 2010, 09:46:53 AM
gator,
i would wnat more info.is it a manual or automatic,is the setter a single or double and do they have a brand? pc

It's the automatic sharpener, with the single tooth setter. The old style, not the CBN.

paul case

wm i suppose? i purchased a single tooth setter from another forumite for $100. it works well and i couldnt tell it was ever used.   most of this stuff ,if you can buy it for half of the new price you get it well worth the money.pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

gator gar

Quote from: paul case on August 08, 2010, 09:59:23 AM
wm i suppose?

Yep, sorry Paul. It is the Woodmizer brand that I am referring to.  You think half of new price??? This rascal looks to be pretty old. can you still get parts for them?? I went to the website and saw it , but couldn't find a new price on one.

Bibbyman

A call into WM would get you the price of new equipment. 

And they'd tell you if parts were still available for an old unit.  Maybe you could give the some numbers so they can check the age.  I don't think they've change much since they first came out.  Wood-Mizer is pretty good about servicing everything they've sold.

"Looks pretty old!"  I look pretty old too but I'm still working!   :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

paul case

Quote from: Bibbyman on August 08, 2010, 12:33:23 PM

"Looks pretty old!"  I look pretty old too but I'm still working!   :D

the newest tractor i have is 1979, my pickup is 1995 and my fav chainsaw, which just got stolen, was a 1998. they are pretty old but i have gotten acustom to them and they kinda work like an old glove, the fit is good.
1/2 of new would be a good place to think you are getting a deal. less is even a better deal. does it work. ask if you can run a blade thru it .if its too far away ask if they can guarantee it . i dont know much but i am certian that when you learn to sharpen your own blades you will wonder how you ever got by before. that is if you want to do it. it will make you money too.maintenence on my sharpener has cost me less than shipping would have  on any resharp program.pc
pc

Larry

There was a like new Cook's Catclaw sharpner with two cams in Ft. Smith craigslist a few days ago for $1,400.  I didn't think it would sell...ad was canceled this morning by the seller.  Seems like the WM sharpeners sell in the $500 to $1,000 range.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

paul case

so what about it gator? did you get one? pc
pc

gator gar

Nope....... It is on Craigslist, "Deep East Texas". It's an LT 30 with the setter sharpener. Just type in sawmil on the search and you'll see it. I think the mill might be mis-represented, cause it doesn't look like it will cut a 20 foot log. I think she said there was 9000 hours on the mill. Anyway, they said they had someone interested in the mill and the setter/sharpener and they're going to keep them together.

paul case

Quote from: gator gar on August 12, 2010, 06:22:42 AM
Anyway, they said they had someone interested in the mill and the setter/sharpener and they're going to keep them together.

i got a little saying to go with that'' sounds like a good idea to me''

the time to sell is when you have a buyer i have always heard.   pc
pc

Thank You Sponsors!