iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Ahead!

Started by Norm, March 13, 2011, 07:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

So I get up at 4:30 make coffee do the dishes and then sit down to the computer. What the heck it's 6:30 already!

Is it just my imagination or did spring come early this year?  :D

Burlkraft

It's your imagination  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

clww

I just got used to the winter time, last time change! That extra hour at the end of the day will be nice. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Rocky_Ranger

Arizona = not having to fool with changing a clock  8)..............
RETIRED!

WDH

Spring came an hour earlier here today.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

arizona, how confusing not changing time with every other state must be ?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Rocky_Ranger

Just means we move from Mountain time to Pacific, until November......
I have never really figured out what changing time "saves" anyway, it's more of a hassle to fiddle with every stinking clock in the house and Cadillac (pickup truck) to me.
RETIRED!

isawlogs

When oil lamps where in use, I could see that it helped. In todays world it don't do nothing but confuse a whole bunch for a while. I would be so happy to do 1/2 hour and just leave the dam clocks alone.  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Well, time don't mean much to me when I'm in the shop. Dinner has been known to be anytime after 2:00 pm. :D  8)

I to wish they would leave to clocks alone. I guess the clock watchers need something to look forward to. ;) It doesn't save electricity because anywhere I worked, lots of windows and they would still turn on all the lights in bright sunshine. I would turn them off, and the next door knob that walked by would turn them on. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Best thing about setting the clocks forward is spring is not too far off.   smiley_bouncing_pinky
I won't talk about what lies ahead when we set the clocks back.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pigman

I could never remember whether to spring forward of spring backward. :-\ So, after much cogitating, I remember that I see more tension springs then I see compression springs. It is just logical to spring back, set the clocks back an hour and sleep an hour longer. 8) 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

It's got me so discombobulated that I don't know what to do.  I got hungry and was run out of the kitchen.  "It's not time to eat yet", I was told.   :-\   "But I'm hungry..." :'(

It's a good thing I have some stuff squirreled away in my office.  :)

WDH

I never enjoyed stuffed squirrel.  But hey, like in politics and religion, when it comes to stuffed animals, each to his own  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

you could keep a jar of peanut butter inside, Danny.  :D

Mooseherder

My wife just talked to her mother in Maine.
Her maw said she was going to Bingo.
Lolita said "Ma, it's almost 8:turdy"
Ma said, "NO!,  it's 6:turty!
Ma went the wrong way wit the hour hand.  Bless her heart she is 81 driving to Bingo 3 nights a week.
I know she is really upset about missing tonight. :D

WDH

Peanut butter inside a stuffed squirrel?  OK, I will have to think about that a little bit.  You may be on to something big here.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on March 14, 2011, 09:36:15 PM
Peanut butter inside a stuffed squirrel?  OK, I will have to think about that a little bit.  You may be on to something big here.

I have it on good authority that if you leave enough peanuts laying around a squirrel will stuff himself...

WDH

Stuffed squirrel  :D.

Brucer

And then there were all the proud iPhone users who's phones sprung the wrong way :D. Apple has a quick fix, though. Just turn the phone off and when you turn it back on it'll be right.

The farmers had it right. Don't change the clocks, change your hours of work.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!