iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A simple reminder

Started by Texas Ranger, April 30, 2011, 10:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

My wife was in a bad wreck about 10 years ago,I got the dreaded phone call at work. Was a long drive to the hospital.She was OK. I knew of 2 others that smashed their head on the windshield. One was in rehab for a few months,the other died in a nursing home. The one that died was only 17 when all this happened,died around 30.
I always wear my seat belt even before it was a law. It's kinda like chaps,glasses,hardhat when cutting wood. Kinda a bother,but when something happens,it's needed and you glad you was wearing it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

Yesterday was the anniversary of my oldest daughters wreck, she was belted in, and had no injuries, except the loss of her car.  When looking at the remains of the car, I can only think a guiding hand protected her.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

fishpharmer

Thanks for the reminder TR.  A few days ago, a high school senior connected with our church conference was nearly killed in a car wreck, she is in intensive care.  The passenger died.  As tough as we (me) think we are, life is a fragile thing.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

doctorb

There is absolutely no justification for not always wearing your seat belt.  Give us trauma docs a chance at giving you a chance.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Roxie

That is one of the most effective seat belt ads!  I'll picture those arms holding me now when I buckle up.   :)
Say when

Norm

A good reminder, Patty got me in the habit many years ago. When our sons were young she taught by example to always have it on.

Chris Burchfield

Over the years I've seen several tossed or thrown out through open windows, T-Tops, doors off Jeeps.  A seat belt helps keep you in.  Air bags help save your face and brain.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

sawman

In 1997 I was involved in a rollover accident, The state trooper on scene asked if I was wearing my seatbelt, I answered yes sir. His response was I thought so. Then said if I had not been wearing seat belt we would probably not be having this conversation. After all these years looking at pictures of the truck, still haven't figured out how I got out of it.

Seatbelts do save lives.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Magicman

I know that the seatbelt saved my life in a rollover accident on my 50th birthday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

After I was hit head-on by a drunk driver many years, surviving by the grace of God because I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, I've always made it a point to wear one.  That commercial is well done.

Dodgy Loner

I was also hit head-on by a drunk driver when I was 17. It was around a blind curve on a dirt road so we weren't going terribly fast, but it could have been a lot worse if my brother and I weren't wearing our seat belts. We were uninjured, but the other didn't have his on and suffered a broken arm and a lot of cuts and bruises. Not to mention a DUI ::)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

timerover51

I put my seatbelt on as soon as I am in the car, even if it is only to move it in the driveway.  The seat belts and shoulder harness kept my wife and I alive in a really bad accident back in 1978.  My son and daughter are following our example.

Warbird

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on May 02, 2011, 11:18:05 AM
I was also hit head-on by a drunk driver when I was 17. It was around a blind curve on a dirt road so we weren't going terribly fast, but it could have been a lot worse if my brother and I weren't wearing our seat belts.

They put our closing speed at over 90 MPH.  It really was by the grace of God I survived.  Could have saved myself a lot of pain and injury if I'd been wearing a seatbelt.

Dan_Shade

I lost three friends when I was in high school that may be here today if they had buckled up :(
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!