iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another logging fatality

Started by BCtimber, October 04, 2011, 08:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCtimber

Hey guys just to let you know Danny Dimm up here in Lillooet BC  was killed yesterday when a loader rolled on top of him.  I don't know the details really but I saw it on the news just now.  I didn't know him personally just through some messages back and forth with him about his mill over the last few years.  He leaves a son.

Bill Gaiche

Thats really bad. Will be praying for his familly. bg

red oaks lumber

he had just got done with a nasty custody case with his ex wife in minnesota. the judge  had awarded him sole custody in august. how sad is this deal? makes you wonder if the ex will get custody or if  danny's parents will get the young son timber.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Autocar

Sad news will say a prayer for him and his family .
Bill

Paul_H

I met Danny and his dog Diesel in 2001 when he brought his Lucas mill down to Pemberton and sawed up some logs in our dry sort.My older kids were young then but were helping tail off the mill.
Danny always had a corny joke for them and they enjoyed that time with him.
Over the years he' d come by our place or we'd talk on the phone.He was a hard working man that had a lot of hard luck over the years but he was a honest man and I considered him a friend.He was very helpfull in getting me up and running with my kiln.

I had the radio on today at the shop and heard his name and my heart sank. :-\

He was a member here too.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=6702
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

thecfarm

That is too bad. I take it he was kinda young?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

whitepe

I am wincing and shaking my head.  Didn't know Danny but any accidental death is a huge tragedy.  Since all of us dabble in logging/sawmilling either as a profession or a hobby,  stories like this remind me how dangerous it can be.
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Texas Ranger

Logging can kill you, by accident in the woods are on the road.

18 Wheeler Driver Passes Away Following Crash, PINEY CREEK, September 23, 2019 - At approximately 1:23 pm on September 23, 2019, a 2013 Peterbilt 18 wheeler logging truck, driven by Donald Lynn Wolfe, 58, of Alto, was south-bound on US-59 (North of Corrigan). For unknown reasons (possibly medical), Wolfe's rig clipped the right guard rail as he was passing over the Piney Creek Bridge. His rig left the pavement to the right, continued down an embankment (south side of bridge) and plunged into the woodline, knocking down trees in the process. Wolfe's rig turned over on its passenger's side. Allegiance Ambulance Service was dispatched to the scene along with the Corrigan Volunteer Fire Department, Officers with the Corrigan Police Department, Deputies with the Polk County Sheriff's Office and Troopers Donny Akers, Kevin Burman, and Colton McQuilkin with the Texas Highway Patrol. Wolfe was helped from his vehicle and transported by ambulance to CHI Livingston Memorial Hospital where he passed away shortly after arrival. Justice of the Peace Sarah Raspberry performed an inquest. Traffic on 59 was not blocked during investigation and cleanup. The turned over 18 wheeler was recovered by Clifton Chevrolet out of Corrigan. This accident remains under investigation by the Texas Highway Patrol.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!