iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Registering My Woodmizer

Started by levans, March 26, 2012, 02:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levans

I own a Woodmizer LT40 HD that I bought used maybe eight or so years ago. I didn't know about registering the mill when I bought it, years later I needed a part, when I called Woodmizer they wanted the serial number. Now comes the problem, nowhere on the mill can I read the serial number, it was printed on the labels but not embossed into the metal anywhere. No number no registering, any ideas anyone?

levans

ronwood

Levans,

Welcome to the forum. I assumed that you bought is used. Did you get any paper work with it?  I bought mine new and received a 'Certificate of origin for a Vehilce" (Which I would also call a title) from Woodmizer that has Vin number on it. Also if you bought it used you may be able to work with the previous owner to get the info.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Magicman

I bought mine used and had the previous owner's name, customer#,  and sawmill information.  I cannot add to what ronwood said, but Welcome to the Forestry Forum levans.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum levans.

There should be a sticker on the main tube, on the inside edge in the angle brace area at the front of the mill.

There should also be a sticker on the forward side of the throat, usually above and a little to the left of the tension gage!

Both of these stickers should have the VIN on them.

If you provide the former owners name, address, phone number to Wood-Mizer, they may be able to go from there and get it registered in your name.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

levans

Thanks for the welcome,
I'm sure I did get some paper work when I bought the mill, I located it through sawmill exchange and paid him by check. I guess My best bet is to beg she who rules and handles all of the paper work to go back nine or so years and start looking through the tax files.
Due to the mill being exposed to weather over  the years the vin number can no longer be seen on any of the stickers. I talked to the folks at Woodmizer hoping there might be a number in a hidden location somewhere but no such luck.

pineywoods

If those stickers are still there, try shining an ultra violet ( also called a black light)  light on them. the vin will probably be readable. Worked for me...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bibbyman

Do you have the name and record of the person you bought it from?  I'd think WM would have the link between serial number and name.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!