iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

B-20 trunk (for junk)

Started by Tom the Sawyer, May 20, 2012, 04:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom the Sawyer

Most of my work is mobile, probably 80% or so, and there are many little items that I like to have near by when milling.  Things like a mechanical tally counter, magnetic blade height rulers, safety equipment for those who forget it (goggles, dust masks, gloves, ear muffs or plugs), bug spray, sunscreen, markers and chalk, extra tape measures, etc.  I usually have these items in the tool box on the bed of the truck or in the cab but it would be nice to have them in one place.

I found a tool box at Tractor supply that works perfectly.  It is a black poly, heavy duty, 32" tool box and sells for $69.99.  It fits on the inner c-channels and easily clears the blade at its lowest setting.  I secured it to a cross member with 2 - 2" square u-bolts. 

I did try to add this to an earlier post on B-20 modifications but it was suggested that the other post was too old and that I should start a new topic.

8)
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Ga Mtn Man

What a great idea, Tom!  I'll be measuring up my 2000 first thing tomorrow.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Migal

I have yet to move my mill since setting up in Feb but am sure one day RL job will slow down and I can become portable as intended and love your idea as I often wondered why out of all that steel they use to make these mills there is no real toolbox. 8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!