iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing 1600

Started by hamptonlawyer, August 01, 2012, 09:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamptonlawyer

Found this advertisement:

TimberKing model 1600---Just 1 year old (34 hours on engine)-----auto loader, auto log turner, remote throttle and blade control; remote command station and COMPUTER operated.-----Takes a 36" wide log and 20' length log.---full trailer package, all the paperwork, instructions, automatic blade sharpener (new in box) and about 20 extra NEW blades"

Asking price is $15,900.00  Pictures look great.  Is that a decent price?

rockman

Thats a GREAT price. If it is what the ad says it is.

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Delawhere Jack

That's WAY TOO MUCH............ what was the phone number?  ;D

hamptonlawyer

Seems to be what I was thinking, and yes I deleted the number for a reason!!  :D

Ga Mtn Man

Will he still throw in the shelter for that price? ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Migal

:D okay what was this fool thinking when he ran that ad what's his # again I would like to give him a piece of my mind ?

err maybe it was the other end where I keep my wallet

Now If I can just get that man with the grapple truck to hang with him for a few  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Kcwoodbutcher

I'd look into it a little further . The standard width of cut for a 1600 is 32" and the standard length is a little over 16 feet. I've see ones that can cut longer but not wider. As far as I know the 1600 was not available with "computer control" but you never know this may be an add on I don't know about. The remote throttle is probably an add on. It is a good price with the low hours and extras.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

ladylake

i think the 1600 has 32" beteen the guide rollers and can handle a 36" log.  Sounds like this mill has some add ons,  computer and longer cut lenght, maybe factory add on?   All it needs is toe boards and a hyd clamp.  Sounds like a good deal with the sharpener and extra blades. Comptuer setworks speed up production a lot, for sure if it's not a walk along mill.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

The newer 1600's can handle a 20' log and include a 1-plane hydraulic clamp (manual up-down).  The setworks are a $2000 add on.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Migal

:D do I have to Google whats this fool's #  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

hamptonlawyer

Quote from: Migal on August 03, 2012, 03:08:20 AM
:D do I have to Google whats this fool's #  8)

I can't get an answer on the phone or an answer to an email, so I don't know what the deal is.  Probably either already sold or a scam.  They at least ought to pick up the phone and tell me it's sold!  :-[

beenthere

Was this a craigslist ad?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

hamptonlawyer

tazz

Quote from: Kcwoodbutcher on August 02, 2012, 01:49:59 PM
I'd look into it a little further . The standard width of cut for a 1600 is 32" and the standard length is a little over 16 feet. I've see ones that can cut longer but not wider. As far as I know the 1600 was not available with "computer control" but you never know this may be an add on I don't know about. The remote throttle is probably an add on. It is a good price with the low hours and extras.

I run a 1600 that I just bought this year and it has a 32" cut throat but has 37" between the head post so you can actually saw up to a 36" log on it if everything is just right. Also I can cut a 20'-6" log so maybe that is something they have improved.

hamptonlawyer

Well, it wasn't a scam. Finally got a call yesterday and made the 6 hour trip to FL to check out the mill. All was as advertised and brought it home for 15,500 plus he threw a few other odds and ends in with it for free  The shed DID  come with it, so a return trip next weekend to retrieve the shed is in order. Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to cutting a little wood if I can get a chance this week. Will post pictures when able.

redbeard

Nice score on the 1600 with all those add ons you got yourself a nice mill at a good price.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ladylake

Good going, does it have toe boards or hyd clamp.  Not hard to add if it doesn't.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

Congrats on the new mill!  You made a really good deal.  Make sure it has the flow restrictor in the head down hydraulic control.

hamptonlawyer

ladylake:  It has a manual toe board, which is not a big deal to me, and while the clamp itself is hydraulic, the height control of the clamp is manually adjusted.  I think I can add hydraulics to that if I need it without much trouble.

GA Mtn Man:  Can you elaborate on your comment regarding the flow restrictor?  Is that an issue I need to look out for or is that something I need to have added?  I know what a flow restrictor is, just not sure of its application here and what you mean. 

Thanks.

Ga Mtn Man

TK had trouble with setwork accuracy on the 2000 so they added a flow restrictor to slow the head down.  I imagine your 1600 uses the same parts as the 2000 and also needs the restrictor.  It's likely already been installed on your mill, but I would check with the previous owner or TK to make sure.  TK will send it to you no charge.

hamptonlawyer

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on August 06, 2012, 04:09:01 PM
TK had trouble with setwork accuracy on the 2000 so they added a flow restrictor to slow the head down.  I imagine your 1600 uses the same parts as the 2000 and also needs the restrictor.  It's likely already been installed on your mill, but I would check with the previous owner or TK to make sure.  TK will send it to you no charge.

Good to know.  Thanks.

Leigh Family Farm

hamptonlawyer, you are one lucky sawyer! I just got my TK catalog in the mail, and I might be in trouble... too many goodies to look at and not enough understanding from the wife ;)

I was looking at the TK 1220 and thought "this is perfect"...
...then I read about the 1400 and was like "oh I need this...it has this that will make... and this would work well...",
..then I flipped to the next page and saw the TK 1600... ;)

Again nice grab on that mill. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

hamptonlawyer

A few pictures of the mill in its old home.  I'll have to post some more later once I have it set up and milling here in SC.   

[img]

The engine showing the electronic throttle control added by the previous owner.

hamptonlawyer

The shed we have to go back to retrieve.

hamptonlawyer

Full shot of the mill.

Thank You Sponsors!