iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wireless WM question

Started by Nomad, November 20, 2012, 05:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

I suppose I should ask WoodMizer this question, but I'm curious if anybody else is having this issue.
     I've got an LT50 wireless, and by and large really like it.  My one beef is the sensitivity of the forward speed dial in the wireless control.  It is WAY too touchy.  I'm not near my mill right now, but I'm assuming it's a simple potentiometer that wouldn't be too difficult to swap out.  The one on the mill is not an issue; just the one in the wireless control.  Anybody got any experience with this?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

MartyParsons

Hello,
DO you have your Omix manual? There is a calibration sequence where you can adjust the pot.

The transmitter's Paddles and Potentiometers control the receiver's proportional output. The Paddles/Joysticks are used
in conjunction with any of the transmitter's switches. The proportional output can be activated when a switch is held UP
or DOWN; it will become active at an increasingly high level as the Paddle/Joystick is pushed/pulled, or a potentiometer is
adjusted. The minimum and maximum levels of the proportional output can be calibrated by following these steps.
Refer to the Light Legend below for diagram details.

If you have your manual read on. If you dont have your manual let me know I will send it to your email.

Thanks
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Dave Shepard

I've never adjusted my remote, but it ok is in the manual. Has your mill always been sensitive, or is it getting worse? I had a pot fail at about 550 hours. Omnex wanted several hundred for a new circuit board, with a three week lead time. My unit was out of warranty, so I took it apart and got the part number off the pot. I think it was JB that got me a new one shipped from WMs electrical supplier and I soldered it in. It was a commonly available part that cost less than $10. When mine failed it got very jumpy and hard to control. I'm going to get a couple for spares. My past experience with speed pots is that they are a wear item. The snow cats I used to work on would each go through several each season.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Nomad

Quote from: MartyParsons on November 20, 2012, 06:20:04 PM
Hello,
DO you have your Omix manual? There is a calibration sequence where you can adjust the pot.

The transmitter's Paddles and Potentiometers control the receiver's proportional output. The Paddles/Joysticks are used
in conjunction with any of the transmitter's switches. The proportional output can be activated when a switch is held UP
or DOWN; it will become active at an increasingly high level as the Paddle/Joystick is pushed/pulled, or a potentiometer is
adjusted. The minimum and maximum levels of the proportional output can be calibrated by following these steps.
Refer to the Light Legend below for diagram details.

If you have your manual read on. If you dont have your manual let me know I will send it to your email.

Thanks
Marty

Thanks Marty, when I get home again I'll check to see if that's one of the manuals I have.  If not I'll let you know.

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 20, 2012, 07:40:24 PM
I've never adjusted my remote, but it ok is in the manual. Has your mill always been sensitive, or is it getting worse? I had a pot fail at about 550 hours. Omnex wanted several hundred for a new circuit board, with a three week lead time. My unit was out of warranty, so I took it apart and got the part number off the pot. I think it was JB that got me a new one shipped from WMs electrical supplier and I soldered it in. It was a commonly available part that cost less than $10. When mine failed it got very jumpy and hard to control. I'm going to get a couple for spares. My past experience with speed pots is that they are a wear item. The snow cats I used to work on would each go through several each season.

Dave, the unit has been the same since I bought the mill (used).  I doubt it's worn out.  But I have a fair bit of experience with speed pots too and it's one reason I asked this question.  Thanks for your reply!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!