iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice grapple Model help and hydraulic pump size

Started by aronwyowind, May 31, 2013, 03:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aronwyowind

Wondering if anyone can help me identify this grapple... I think its a Prentice G model but correct me if i'm wrong.  I am going to mount this onto a 37' semi flatbed with bunks and load some sawmill food.  What size hydraulic pump is typically required to operate a grapple such as this? 24' reach upon full extension and hydraulic grapple with swivel.  I would like to find out what the gpm and pressure requirements are so that I can select the right size motor to run a pump. 

snowstorm

looks like a  g  i had one 30yrs ago. the mast was known to crack so look that over real well. they were 20' of reach. 25gpm pump 2100psi

Autocar

I agree it looks like a G but putting it on a semi trailer I believe it will make it over height and the out riggers won't touch the ground. I use to have a center mount 120 and the frams our different, I may be wrong just what I remember  ;D.
Bill

coxy

was the snow in the few days ;D ;D looks like a g  like autocar says it will be to high 

snowstorm

acar is right that is a truck mount loader. it will not work on a trailer.

aronwyowind

Thanks for all the information guys, I am going to fabricate the base so that it sits lower on the trailer to keep my height legal.  I will do a bunch of welding on it as well, may look like a piece of junk, but for free cant be beat;) I have a F-700 4x4 w/air that I plan to pull the trailer with.  This will be a small scale operation for just firewood and wood for the band mill i am building, it will only travel 11 miles down the highway at a time, hopefully that F-700 has enough grunt to pull the trailer, we will see. 

Thank You Sponsors!