iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

13 HP Chinese copy of the Honda engine

Started by coyotebait, September 16, 2013, 01:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotebait

For everyone using the clone motors , check out the go-cart forums and minibike forums there are lots of upgrades they are doing to these motors. go a lot faster. more power ARG.ARG ARG

VictorH

I'm glad someone has luck with these.  I bought one to replace a worn Honda on a piece of equipment and had nothing but trouble from it.  Finally gave up and ordered another Honda.  Put it in, turned the key, and vroom.  Will never knowingly buy another clone.  Just saying.

saltydog

I put a 6hp on my troy built tiller.I have had no problems at all.Even sounds like a honda.
Proud to be a self employed logger.just me my Treefarmer forwader Ford f600 truck 2186 Jonsereds 385 and 390 husky and several 372s a couple 2171s one 2156  one stihl 066  Hudson bandmill Farquhar 56"cat powered mill.and five kids one wife.

Den Socling

The Chinese manufacture a lot of trash. I wouldn't touch an engine. My neighbor bought a "pretty" Chinese back hoe. What a piece of JUNK!

Corley5

I've got a 6.5hp Chinese made Honda clone.  It runs and starts better than the Honda it replaced.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

coyotebait

you can make them run even stronger. you can get carb upgrades and hedders heavier valve springs .  search gokart clone parts.http://www.nrracing.com/
http://www.arcracing.com/servlet/StoreFront
there's more

beenthere

With those racing carts, if ya get one good race out of an engine they consider it "great".  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bandmill Bandit

They run ok till they start leaking oil from cracks that develop around the valve guide tubes. Both of mine were 6.5HP GC160 series motors so far that I got brand new for a hundred bucks from a small engine shop that was clearing them out. They both started to leak in the same spot around 100 to 120 hrs. Wont be buying one of those chinese built ones any time soon.

I have been told the other sizes have similar issues.

OH and by the way warranty doesn't cover it.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

sawguy21

I am not impressed by the chondas (Chinese Hondas) either. Remember, the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. Some people are happy with them but overall they don't perform as expected.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

the only thing I don't like with mine is the vent for the gas tank runs in the carb so when the tank vents it pushes the gas in the carb so if it sets for a few day it fills the motor oil full of gas  just took the vent out of the carb other wise like mine jmop

maple flats

I put a 6.5 HP Chinese Clone on my Troybilt as a back up about 3 yrs. ago. Tried to start it after 3 weeks, no go. I finally got it going but it was junk. Never again. I've since bought 3 real Honda's for vacuum pumps in my sugar woods. Never an issue.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

RCBS

Honda makes hands down the most durable small engines period.  Robin Subaru also makes a dependable engine.  I have no love for the Chondas.  All they accomplish is a cheap price on a lesser piece of equipment fooling the consumer market into thinking all engines should only cost $150 and Honda is just a name you pay for...not true.  A properly used and maintained Honda engine will last thousands of hours...a lifetime for most users.

I am not an advocate of the "disposable" society that we are becoming.
Echo CS-3400, 550xp, Jonsered 2166, L3130 Kubota, '78 JD 300 backhoe, Kubota RTV900, JD2305, lots of sharp stuff and several firearms

kevin19343

Chonda motors work fine the first few times you fire them up, but if you try using them everyday you'll see they are nothing but low grade junk. Repair shops around here won't even look at them let alone do repairs on them.

Thank You Sponsors!