Woodland Mills Trailer Drawing

Started by NeilB, January 30, 2012, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilB

For any of our existing customers or anyone else interested, below is a link to our HM126 Off-Road Sawmill Trailer Drawing. Feel free to use it as reference should you be looking at building your own trailer. The wheels are removable so the sawmill unit can be lowered closer to the ground if required. Some customers have put trailer jacks in the corners for easy leveling. You'll just have to excuse the metric dimensions, I get that from my automotive design background...  ;D

Woodland Mills Sawmill Trailer Drawing
Neil B
Woodland Mills

RedLeg

Hi Neil,

I really like the looks of your mill and the price point.  ;)  Have you given any thought to a highway trailer upgrade with log ramps, manual loading winch and leveling jacks like the Woodmizer LT15 GO or the Mister Sawmill 22 or 26?  Would be a great product for us hobby sawyers.  A price point at $5K or below would be hard to beat.  Just wondering, thanks.
Leif
Retired U.S. Army
2010 Lumber Smith Elite and Track Kit
Shopsmith Mark 7 PowerPro

NeilB

Hi RedLeg,

We have found that most of our customers use their sawmill on their own properties/woodlots and don't have a desire to take it on the road. The off-road trailer seemed to be more popular than a road worthy trailer (and cheaper).

The log ramps and winch would be a good addition for those of us without forks and a tractor, but we don't have any plans for that right now. Many of our customers have been really creative in rigging up their own trailers and log loading devices. Alot of cool set ups out there...

Thanks!
Neil
Neil B
Woodland Mills

drewblood

Purchased my first mill(HM126), and would like to make the trailer.  I have no problem welding and cutting what I need.....but would love a materials list, and most importantly, a recommendation on wheel bearings/wheels(maybe from Northerntool)?

beenthere

drewblood...  Welcome to the Forestry Forum
Congrats on the mill purchase. A pic please, as we like pics. :)

We don't push anything from northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company for starters.  ;D

There are good farm-type stores, like TSC and the like, for quality wheels and such. Recommend looking there. Also, I find McMaster-Carr  at Mcmaster.com to be high quality, very reasonable shipping, and a vast inventory of products.

Some idea of the weight you need to carry, etc. for your trailer would help too. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    drewblood  :)  There must be a story behind your name.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drewblood

Wow, just realized I posted about this months ago and never followed up....my bad. As far as story behind name.....you bet.  Used to shoot Cowboy 3-gun competitions.....my nickname was DrewBlood(real name is Drew).
I apologize for the NorthernTool reference....actually never purchased from them, was just using an example. I have a TS near me and would still love a materials list for building the off-road trailer for my mill. Any help would be much appreciated.