iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So glad to be starting on a new job

Started by Birchwood Logging, February 12, 2014, 07:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Dave Shepard, they go to a friend who markets them. he's got a truck and lots of connections. I believe they end up in Maine. nice part is he takes everything and markets it all leaving a clean landing. Might loose a little money in the middle but there are just not that many local mills around here and have to keep it rolling.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

coxy

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on February 19, 2014, 07:40:23 PM
Had a heat wave today got up in the 60s worked by my self today pulled out a good load of poplar and redoak I cut pulled bucked and loaded this in half a day 

nice load    but if you were in ny with that bunk bowing like that it would be red flagged and towed  ;D

lumberjack48

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on February 19, 2014, 07:40:23 PM
Had a heat wave today got up in the 60s worked by my self today pulled out a good load of poplar and redoak I cut pulled bucked and loaded this in half a day 

The last time i seen a single axle truck hauling in this area was 40 plus yrs ago.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

thecfarm

And that is too bad. Not many small guys in this area either. I can not say when I last saw a small truck hauling logs or pulp. Years ago some would have a small dump truck,single axle, maybe 8 yards truck? and haul pulp with it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bigred1951

its very common around here hauling with old single axle trucks

Dave Shepard

All tri-axle self-loaders around here. I'm about the only one that hauls with a single axle, and only for my own use. bill m has a single-axle with a loader on it, but I think he pretty much only moves firewood.

I'm getting ready to start a new job as well. Worked on getting my skid road opened up. It goes from my sawmill, up into the woods and to my neighbors pine lot. About a 500 or 600 yard skid and no trucking. ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Corley5

Bob used to haul 100" firewood and grade logs with this old girl.  It had a dump rack and dual stake pockets.  The inside ones for wooden stakes and steel in the outside.  You pulled the steel stacks and reached in with the chainsaw and cut off the wooden ones at the dump site.  The pic is of him delivering firewood to me the first winter I had the firewood machine.  He hauled a lot of scrap with it too but it began to draw too much attention from the weigh masters.  I think it's still sitting at house.  I see an Isuzu cab over single axle around now and again with a load of aspen saw bolts.  That's the only one around these parts that I know of.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Birchwood Logging

I like my old single axel log truck it's all I need and cheap to operate coast me $40 in diesel to haul 2500 bf 100 miles round trip to the mill and back
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Ohio_Bill

My old single axle  CF7000 Ford 

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Birchwood Logging

That's a nice looking truck will it haul a pretty good load I would like to have one of those cf fords
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Ohio_Bill

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on February 21, 2014, 02:09:09 AM
That's a nice looking truck will it haul a pretty good load I would like to have one of those cf fords

Its only 26000 GVW and a pretty  long wheelbase .  Has a 20ft bed .  The biggest load of logs I have had on it was 1800 bf .  I haul more lumber than logs .  I have had it for 4 years and I am  the second owner . I got it from a leasing company in Columbus  for  $2500 with all the service records and shop manuals .  For me it has been a good old truck . 
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

luvmexfood

Got to love those old single axle logging trucks. Not big production but sort of the old way. Rarely see them anymore. Birchwood, I may PM you sometime. I am about an hour or so from Pound, Va. and get some advice from you. Have some timber on some steeper ground. Mainly mixed oak that has not been cut in over 50 years. Not a lot but it is time for it to come down. I can't handle it but may get your advice on it.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Birchwood Logging

I will help you any way I can I've worked a lot of steep ground just hollar at me

Birchwood Logging

Cut some nice hard maple today this load is mixed red oak and maple 

Birchwood Logging

Spent all day cutting a new road a section of timber never got to haul any but we cut and loaded a nice load of hard maple and red oak one log had around 500 bf in a 14f oak log. Pulled that whole truck load in one twitch with the big 700 that's thing is a beast 

Thank You Sponsors!