iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF Member meeting

Started by dgdrls, July 26, 2014, 04:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

Got the chance to load a short butt-log and head up to visit FF Member Scully.
We had a nice morning of coffee and conversation and he graciously showed me around his place. smiley_thumbsup
We then got to saw the short Walnut butt log I had brought.  I was not able to load the second log
I wanted to, I'll just save it for another trip.

I/we had a very nice morning and he slabbed up the little walnut in no time flat.
It was my first experience see an LT40 SH run.  What a dandy mill!!!

Thank you Scully I look forward to another visit but next time I'll have a longer log to work with.

Butt was just long enough to land on the bunks

Scully at the command post!

Fresh off the mill

DGDrls

goose63

Just like one of my old girl friends short but good looking ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

Always nice when Forestry Forum members meet!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I've been to alot of shows and see the WMs in operation. But I have never seen one run by a member.
Glad you had a good day. What's the walnut going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scully

Nice visit ! Next time hopefully we can tally some BF ! It sure has been a great summer for meeting good folks !  Chuck if I can I thought I would swing bye 1 of these times I,m up north . I would like to meet you as well !
I bleed orange  .

Magicman

Jeff's Pig Roast is the ultimate FF members meeting place.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Quote from: scully on July 27, 2014, 08:51:38 AM
Nice visit ! Next time hopefully we can tally some BF ! It sure has been a great summer for meeting good folks !  Chuck if I can I thought I would swing bye 1 of these times I,m up north . I would like to meet you as well !

That would be great, anytime, just give me a couple days notice.

I know we'd have a good visit.

Quote from: Magicman on July 27, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

We won't be there this year, but we are already making plans to be there in 2015. 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pineywoods

Quote from: Magicman on July 27, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

And a close second is MM's chiken crispin  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

backwoods sawyer

I had the opertunity to meet Mr Grey a fellow FF member from Colorado 8) He has build a mill similar to the Cooks mill and wanted to get some measurements and ideas for all the log handling hydraulics. Four western states away (1,200 miles) and this was the closest Cooks mill to take a look at.
I had scheduled a maintenace day so that I would be around and have the WM to compare to side by side as they both have different ways of doing the samething.
Always good to meet another member.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

Congrats to both of you and thanks to you for accommodating and helping him.  FF members are the bestest.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!