iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

If I could have a lifetime supply of something.

Started by Jeff, November 07, 2014, 09:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

If I could have a life time supply of something unnecessary, I think it would be new socks. Good socks. A brand new pair for every single day of good quality socks. On the way up hunting this year I splurged and bought a pair of $7 Dickie Crew Kevlar reenforced work socks.  I put them on this morning and it just made me think, new socks are nice.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ely

I like my socks wore in pretty good, my best ones have a big hole in them.

sandhills

Jeff you should meet my stepson, you two would get along great  :).  He wears 2 pair all day long no matter the season, and they have to be the expensive comfortable ones, I live on the socks he throws away  :D.  He saw me take my boots off one night and said "why do you even bother wearing socks?".

Jeff

I have holes in most of my socks, but I've not reached the point where I nave convinced myself to like it. Once a hole gets so big that it can't be fixed and a toe breaks loose, they gotta go. I was just dreaming of a simple pleasure.

LeeB

I don't like old socks and I do like new socks, but I like to get the wear out of a pair. I do howeveer consider them totally disposable and do not try to get infinate wear out of a pair. A new pair of socks is much cheaper than treating ailments perpetuated by wearing an old pair.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

r.man

Jeff you are the other side of the coin. I read that one of the big names in tech companies has a new shirt for every day. I think they were all Hawaiian. You could be the sock guy.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

terrifictimbersllc

Try Vermont "darn tough" socks sometime.  too expensive to wear every day.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Skidder Kev

I knew someone that wore a new pair of socks every day, well thats what i heard never had the chance to ask him myself.  i finally went out last yr and bought 7 pairs for 40 bucks,  best 40 bucks i have spent.  "well on socks"   I just need to find some that are above the calf and I will be happy. 

Kev

thecfarm

I like good socks. They make good Christmas and birthday presents. I wear one kinda thin and than a heavier pair if I'm outside.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

Jeff,I'm with you !! new ,heavy socks are best,this post just reminded me to order another dozen logger socks, im on my last dozen at the moment ! ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

red oaks lumber

i buy nike black ankle socks(footies) i can get 2 yrs from evey pair. i have 15 pair in circulation.keep in mind work boots only go 10 months to a yr.for me. :)
nothin feels better than sliding into  new socks.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

woodmills1

All my shoes, even sneakers are red wing, and I only wear red wing long fibered merino wool socks.  They are pricey but I will never wear anyothers.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

coalsmok

My family always laughs at me when I say all I want for christmas/birthday is a pack of new socks. 

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

firecord

I probably got yawll all beat. I write left and right on my socks when I buy them. Can't stand to wear them on the wrong foot.   Don't know if my feet are different or if it's in my head but they got to be on the proper foot. Also can't be more than 3 months old.

trapper

I buy fox river  from mr socko in Minnesota Got him to set up his stand at the wi trappers convention the last 3 years.  Bought 15 pairs the same pattern.  Grab 2 socks from the drawer and I have a matched pair. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

luvmexfood

When I seriously hunted and camped I could do without a lot of comforts. Three things I wanted: Clean socks, clean undershorts and the ability to brush my teeth. Could sleep cold, have dirty clothes but wanted the three listed above.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

LeeB

I'm a bit famatic about clean socks. Just can't make myself put a pair back on,even if I only wore them ten minutes. The older I get the more I have come to appreciate good quality socks. Now that I've become pretty much a desk jockey, I also have to wear compression socks to keep my feet from swelling like and elephant foot. Deluth makes a good and comfortable one but they are pricey. A little over $20/pair, but worth it if you have to wear them all day.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

coxy

Quote from: firecord on November 07, 2014, 09:31:41 PM
I probably got yawll all beat. I write left and right on my socks when I buy them. Can't stand to wear them on the wrong foot.   Don't know if my feet are different or if it's in my head but they got to be on the proper foot. Also can't be more than 3 months old.
thought I was the only one that did that :D    and I am the same as leeb if I put them on and walk 10 feet and take them off new or clean pair has to go on    and the longest I ever had a pair of work shoes is 5months my left foot is crooked  :D

drobertson

I need socks! been staring every morning at all the holes, finally finding a pair without holes.  Christmas is usually a good time for socks in the stocking ;D 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

LeeB

Maybe, but I haven't seen any faces in my socks yet.  ;D

Magicman

Yup, Clean teeth, underwear, and socks.  Also, no socks with holes. 

I also bought a pack of those Dickie socks and they are the best that I have had in many years.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on November 08, 2014, 07:06:35 AM
some of you guys are just plain freaky!

.....and you thought I was strange...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

r.man

Trapper, I grab two socks from the drawer but I don't care what colour they are. They are all the same style but life is too short to be sorting socks by colour. Every now and then I end up with matched socks but I don't let it bother me.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!