iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A visit to the land of Magic. Magicman that is :o)

Started by Jeff, January 17, 2016, 11:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 20, 2016, 07:33:50 PM
To be fair to myself, there were three of us in the golf cart and it was a long steep hill. :D

Ain't that funny how all of a sudden there is 3 of you.  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Actually Jeff and I had pulled that hill a couple of times without any problem.  This particular evening, Pat was.....why do I get the feeling that I should just shut my mouth ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 20, 2016, 08:51:24 PM
Actually Jeff and I had pulled that hill a couple of times without any problem.  This particular evening, Pat was.....why do I get the feeling that I should just shut my mouth ??

You better type smaller than that.  :D

paul case

There were 4 of us on one of them carts when we had to reconfigure the ballast. Slim pilot sarge couldn't keep the front wheels on the ground.

We made it to live another day.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

SwampDonkey

With all them deer rubs at Magaic's place, he has a good idea what moose does to softwood, especially pine, and then there is aspen and red maple. But usually the softwood tops are snapped off and chewed like hay. :D If they get into a fir thicket, they just chew and spew. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

The deer have no concern whatsoever about the Cabin's existence.  The bucks are rubbing my Longleaf Pine saplings and Cypress sprouts as Jeff pictured and have a nice ground scrape less than 100 yards from the front door.  One gave Jeff a start one night crashing through the Pines within "spitting distance" of the Cabin door.  We laughed and wondered if we needed to hunt from a chair on the porch.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 21, 2016, 08:15:28 AM
We laughed and wondered if we needed to hunt from a chair on the porch.   :)

It has been done.

Darrel

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 17, 2016, 10:36:33 PM
WDH, I may be wrong but I think Lynn and Jeff were hinting at a Walnut Project to be held on the Davis farm. :)

I believe I would drive to that one.

This was a really good video also.

I would come!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

There will be a Walnut sawing and there will be another Chickin Crispin, but not at the same time.  One will be work and the other fun.   :)

Darrel

Quote from: Magicman on January 21, 2016, 07:38:30 PM
There will be a Walnut sawing and there will be another Chickin Crispin, but not at the same time.  One will be work and the other fun.   :)

I don't know, but that Walnut sawing just might be the most fun even if it is work.

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

Probably so 'cause sawing Walnut can not all be work.   :)

Back to food, Jeff found a new spice while he was visiting.   food6

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

kensfarm

What a nice place.. was any of the land farmed at one time?  Wow..  w/ all those racks.. what is your favorite venison dish?  I like flipping some choice cuts in corn meal and gently fry them in peanut oil.. put them on some toasted bread w/ mayo & hot sauce.. I can eat 4 sandwiches before I realize I'm full.  Looks like you guys had great time..  you probably should hook up to a mule goat to help pull you up those hills.. just dangle one of those gumbo shrimp in front of him.  ;D

Magicman

My Dad farmed ~350 acres which was everything except the 150 acres in the SE corner.  I planted trees on all of my open land in 2005.  I do have some fairly steep hills, but they are in that wooded SE corner.

Magicman

Another thread carried me back to this Cabin Addition this morning.  It has been 5 years since I started the living room and bedroom additions that Jeff took the video of.   :o

Thank You Sponsors!