iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a wonderful life

Started by thecfarm, February 29, 2016, 06:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Sunrise,coffee,FF,a wife to tell me that 6 deer is out back and a dog at my feet. And can't forget the sawmill waiting for me.  ;D Two turkeys just showed up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

thecfarm it just don't get any better than that 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

That sounds nice, we have a beautiful sunrise here this morning, not seeing the wildlife but the coffee is good, enjoy your day!  I hope it's a good one for you,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

Quote from: thecfarm on February 29, 2016, 06:21:54 AM
Sunrise,coffee,FF,a wife to tell me that 6 deer is out back and a dog at my feet. And can't forget the sawmill waiting for me.  ;D Two turkeys just showed up.
About the same here, but we just threw a 22 lb turkey in the oven and will be doing thanksgiving all over again today. Every year we get one of those 25 cent a pound frozen turkeys that are on special for thanksgiving and save it to cook on the last day of Feb. Had to wait a extra day this year.  Life is good. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Left Coast Chris

That sounds like a really good day!  Great to be able to pause and take it in.  Fruit trees popping with many in bloom, fish biting in the lake and able to spend several hours on the tractor this weekend here.   What a nice time of the year.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

cbla

DDW_OR

when i first moved to Oregon from Phoenix AZ i woke up to knocking on the outside of the house.
so i went to the window to see who was trying to brake in.
this is what i saw

the Spike bulls antlers where knocking.
"let the machines do the work"

WmFritz

Ray, I see you left gr*ts off your list!  ;D

Those Elk remind me of the Cow that moved onto my neighbors lot and stayed for almost two years. She would climb up on their wooden deck and peek in the windows. Probably didn't help that Rocky would line up gummy bears on the railing. Apparently, flowers are an Elk treat too... Catherine had her flower garden tore up for two summers.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

DDW_OR

I have had as many as 32 around the house.
the people that where here before said the 6x6 bull liked to watch TV through the window.
I would like to find the antler sheds.

Greyhound

Quote from: thecfarm on February 29, 2016, 06:21:54 AM
It doesn't get better than that.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

That is a wonderful life. Life is good!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

DDW_OR

Quote from: thecfarm on February 29, 2016, 07:56:36 PM
Love those elk pictures!!!!
thank you. glad you like my "mowers"

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

AfraidChocker

When I was logging professionally I would be cutting wood on some ridge, stop and have lunch and just look around and think, "some shmuck is in some steel office tower all cranked up and here I am, looking at this wonderful view that has not been seen since the last loggers came here in the 1930's" and just be content.

I am a bit different now that I have a sheep farm, but it is lambing season and everyday we are blessed with 3-4 surprises. It is a lot of work all year, but when the mature sheep are all eating, the lambs are playful, or you just saved a lamb from certain death; it all seems worth it.

The funny thing is I have a coveted job at a shipyard as a welder and absolutely hate it! In the winter I might work all day in the bowels of those ships never seeing the sun with smoke and heat everywhere twisted into a pretzel to get that last weld just right. It has meaning when they sail down the river, but my heart is home on the farm and out in the woods. I just hope I can use shipbuilding to someday do that stuff full time.

As a sheep farmer, I have no intentions of arriving at the pearly gates in a well preserved body, rather I am going to slide into heaven sideways with my Kubota tractor, kick the manure out of my muck boots, and loudly proclaim, "Whoo Hoo, another Sheppard has just arrived!"

Sixacresand

:)   Seeing wild critters is one the great things about rural living.  BTW, watching them with a cup of coffee is especially good.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Traveling is good, but it is always good to get back home.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DDW_OR

Quote from: Magicman on March 01, 2016, 07:12:55 PM
Traveling is good, but it is always good to get back home.   :)
I agree. Work sent me to Hong Kong for 1 month each time.

they put in a subway system then used the tunnel machines to put the roads through the mountains.
Friendly, but crowded.
VERY happy to get back to the USA. did find a very good Mexican restaurant while there.

the pigs where in the back alley on dirty carpet. not near the restaurant

r.man

Pessimist optimist versions of the world. I am sitting here with a sore throat listening to my wife and I cough with some sort of bug we have both caught. I hope it doesn't get any worse with me because she has spent 3 restless nights and two days more or less in bed. It snowed 7 1/2 inches last night, I will have to shovel to get out of my driveway and I have the start of a headache, which is also a symptom. On the bright side it is warm inside, I don't have to go out again until this evening to feed furnaces, the sun is bright and I have food to eat. Life is good.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!