iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its a Wonderful Life

Started by dgdrls, December 26, 2016, 12:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-jimmy-stewart-became-george-bailey-1482503526

This is an interesting read about Jimmy Stewart's return
to Hollywood from WWII as a B-24 Squadron Leader.

D

Ox

It tells me I hafta be a member and to sign in.  Guess not...   :)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

dgdrls

Sorry folks seems the link causes the need to sign in,

If you Google  WSJ Jimmy Stewart

select  How Jimmy Stewart Became George Bailey - WSJ

you should be able to see it

D

JohnW

Yip, interesting.

In the movie, his little brother is the decorated pilot

Ox

There.  I searched as you suggested and was able to read the article.  Very interesting indeed.  I had no idea he had these problems and the demons he was fighting.  I often escape in my own mind and used to wonder if I could lead a group of men in combat, knowing that each and every decision I make could mean life or death for any of them.  I decided this wasn't for me and to set me on a hill with a good scoped rifle and leave me be.  I'm a good shot, but not good at anything else with combat (except for the sometimes useful trait of having extreme rage from time to time...).  Thanks for bringing this topic up, very interesting.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

John Mc

My favorite "It's a Wonderful Life" piece was the fabled, long lost alternate ending
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Sixacresand

We saw the play/show, "It's a Wonderful Life", at Dollywood.  It was very good with dancing and singing.  Very talented people. We enjoyed it.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!