iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fish or cut bait

Started by woodmills1, January 25, 2018, 03:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Cold windy day so, set blades or do preliminary taxes.  Dang taxes done.  Seriously I would rather fill my dump truck with sawdust using a tea spoon than set blades.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

Woodmills I second that sentiment.
I now use resharp exclusively
More bucks but I aint in this for the money only to keep busy in the twilight of my existence.
snow gone here and supposed to get warmer so maybe saw some WP next week.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

DanG

Cut bait and go ice fishing. :new_year:
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: DanG on January 25, 2018, 06:48:03 PM
Cut bait and go ice fishing. :new_year:
Says the man down in sunny Fla. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all making me want a can of Sardines.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Southside

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 25, 2018, 03:52:32 PM
I would say Cut Bait.

Why do I suspect you would put the bait into the smoker instead?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

LeeB

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 25, 2018, 07:14:03 PM

A can of sardines or just the can?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

PA_Walnut

This is why there's bourbon. Knock back a double and you'll see your path clearly before you.  :D 8)
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

caveman

What kind of bait do y'all use to catch ice?
Caveman

fishfighter

Quote from: woodmills1 on January 25, 2018, 03:40:15 PM
Cold windy day so, set blades or do preliminary taxes.  Dang taxes done.  Seriously I would rather fill my dump truck with sawdust using a tea spoon than set blades.

Would rather take a good butt wiping then do taxes. >:(

whiskers

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 25, 2018, 07:14:03 PM
\

It's not the filing that aches my back, it's the stickering.
Around here a can of sardines is "bait". I used 'em in a humane trap catching cats and 'possums that I relocate near a jerk politician's house. It's the least I could do. :)

many irons in the fire.........

Cedarman

When I set and sharpen blades, I listen to a good book on CD's.  I look forward to hearing a good story and it takes the boredom out of setting and sharpening.  I have a nice warm room to  work in, so when the snow is blowing or it is raining, I have a nice place to work.  Cussler with his varied stories and Lee Child with Jack Reacher as the big dude that whips up on the bad guys are fun to hear. 
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Don P

Quote from: whiskers on January 26, 2018, 07:29:48 AM
Around here a can of sardines is "bait". I used 'em in a humane trap catching cats and 'possums that I relocate near a jerk politician's house. It's the least I could do. :)

That's where I shook out the groundhog and even he hightailed it the other way  :D

Magicman

I have been cutting bait at the Cabin for a week.  There's nothing better to clear the cobwebs out of your brain or whatever is up there.    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nativewolf

Quote from: caveman on January 26, 2018, 06:40:33 AM
What kind of bait do y'all use to catch ice?
Great question, some say NY is good bait but that's nothing compared to the ice I've caught with VT, ME guys say nothing beats ME but then they've never been to lakes in northern MN, now that's *DanG good ice bait, they get some ice with MN!  Probably the best ice in the lower 48.   That leaves our dear cousins in Canada where SK is reported to beat MN as good ice bait.  But don't trust me, go to MN and SK and find out for yourself.
Liking Walnut

AlaskaLes

Now you're gonna have to forgive me for being more than a little biased here...

Alaskan Ice puts up a far better fight than any in the lower 48.

You have to sneak up on it...and you can spook it pretty easily when you start drilling holes with the auger.
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

justallan1

I have no problem with ice fishing and could possibly catch one if I were to try it once. My problem is I don't know how to cook an ice.
And since this off topic anyhow, do y'all know how to catch a polar bear?
Go cut a hole in the ice and pour a can of peas around it, when the bear comes to take a pea you kick him in the ice hole....
Okay, that might be a used up old joke.

Thank You Sponsors!