iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snakes in a celler

Started by Sawyerfortyish, September 12, 2006, 08:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

What kind of snake is black with a dull yellow ring around it's neck. My guess was a black racer but one of the forest service guys said no. But couldn't tell me what it was. Anyway one of me part time employees found it in her celler under some laundry. Then she started looking and found 3 more little ones just like it. So I thought I'de ask and see if we have any snake experts here on the forum.

dundee

I am just amazed how many wild creatures you folk have in USA, especialy "SNAKES" that bite, at least downunder we can hike /tramp in the bush with ease knowingly nothing is gonna bite me  ;D

Sawyerfortyish

Dundee I didn't think there was anyplace on earth that didn't have snakes.Why we even have snakes with legs and many colors they usally appear a few weeks before an election tho  ;D :D ;)
Thanks Tom I printed that out to give to her tommorow

asy

Hey, Dundee,

Come play THIS side of the pond, we'll fix yer snakelessness :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Texas Ranger

Asy, I have heard tell your side of the pond has worse snakes than Texas.  Hard to believe, but so I have heard. :P
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

asy

Yeah, we've got some interesting critters over here...

Here's a couple of different lists of the world's most venomous snakes:

http://arachnophiliac.co.uk/burrow/tenmostvenomous.htm

http://www.kingsnake.com/toxinology/old/snakes/venomlist.html

As you can see, the interesting ones are ALL HERE!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

sawguy21

Yup, some of their critters have developed really nasty attitudes.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dundee

Hey Assy---I was over the ditch last weekend for 4 days to see a couple of mates at Bribie Is, yup, I saw one (snake), "Crikey" it was a mean looking fella.

I will not mention your cane toads I saw as well

Geeeeeee!! talk about living in fear of being attacked,  nah, happy this side of the ditch Assy

JimBuis

Yeah, that's what I like to read about!!  An academic discussion of how many times I'm going to die if such and such snake should happen to bite me. 8) 8)

I still say that the best snake is a DEAD ONE.  I like snakes just fine so long as they are somebody's hatband or belt!

IMHO,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Bro. Noble

We removed one of those 'good' smakes from the milkbarn this morning.  My son and I arrived at about the same time and started getting the barn ready.  He turned the parlor lights on and about as soon as he went in,  he came back to the tank room and reported that there was a copperhead in there. :o :o  I'm glad he saw it because he has a lot sharper eyes than I do,  and it was hiding in a place that I would have stuck my hand later on..  When Captain visited us,  he commented on my using a stick like an orgestra conductor's batpm.  to keep things running smoothly in the milk parlor.  Well,  I took that sycamore stick and transformed that old copperhead into one of Jim's 'good ' snakes :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ed_K

I have a milk snake thats taken up residents under my fuel tank, Rita tried weed wacking it, that got it mad. Now she wants to use my brush saw, don't know why, all the prickers an brush are cut  ;D.
Ed K

Sawyerfortyish

Ed if dump a little fuel under there say 5 gal ;) light er up :o and run fast that snake will go away and won't bother you anymore ;D

Thank You Sponsors!