iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frustrated & Disappointed

Started by Log Dawg, May 19, 2022, 03:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log Dawg

On Friday 5-13-22 I order some parts from Woodmizer's main office and added some other things that I had on the list. I have learned to ask what is out of stock. He had what I was needing in stock but some of the other was not. I told him I can wait on the others stuff to come in "I need the first two items". I was told he can parcel it out.
I did not receive a tracking number and decided to wait till Monday afternoon to see if it went out. Tuesday morning, I check on the order and was told it was all waiting on the whole order to ship when the back ordered items came in ($1800.00 order and I needed the $75.00 items first). I was put in touch with the guy that took my order. Left him a message and he did call me back in about 30 mins. Said he talked to the shipping department and the 2 items will ship out so I can have them for Thursday.
No tracking number by the end of day. Call first thing on Wednesday, found out it was not shipped again. So, I ask what needs to be done so I can get it over night? Told me he would have to back it out that order and make a new order and charge me shipping.
So not my fault the items where never shipped after me calling twice being told they would be, now to over night them the $75.00 part cost goes to $175.00 with shipping. I had them shipped because I need them and paid the cost. They are out for delivery now as I type.  If they would have shipped on Friday, Monday or Tuesday I would have had them and regular shipping price for Thursday.
Maybe new policies there on shipping to cut cost, maybe this is a one-time thing where someone in the chain miss stepped. But it cost me $100 and I'm not happy. If I tell you I am going to do something, then I do it.
My Rant
James
2006 LT40HDD51 Cat Diesel, Board Return, Auto Clutch, De-Barker & Accuset, ShopBot CNC, 1953 Ford Jubilee, IDry

Ventryjr

Ive never dealt with woodmizer. But Ive run into the same issue across numerous industries.  Between items being back ordered and not being informed to being told items shipped when they didn't.  It's frustrating. 
-2x belsaw m14s and a Lane circle mill.

ladylake

I ordered some parts at 9 this morning, the tracking number was up a 3 pm.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Walnut Beast

SawyerTed

That's a departure from Woodmizer's typical customer service.

I normally call my Woodmizer dealer for parts.  Occasionally I order parts online.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Dave Shepard

I ordered bands (the priority) a couple of other doodads, and Lubemizer check valves. When I didn't get any tracking info for several days I called them. They were waiting on the check valves. I told them I needed the other parts and they got them out to me pronto, no issues. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stavebuyer

Sounds like a policy change. They used to ship whatever was in stock and they ate the freight on the backorder items. I guess when you are running a year behind you can become independent until the phone stops ringing. That lost business may never return.

47sawdust

I think direct communication by phone and being clear about what is available and what you absolutely need eliminates a lot of frustration.
The world has changed but I find being considerate of the guy on the other end still goes a long way toward everybody having a good day.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

edwin dirnbeck

And this is why AMAZON is taking over the world.

Larry

I ordered a carbide band from WM online.  From our forum members I knew it would take a couple of months to get it.  When I ordered it online no mention that it was out of stock.  No further correspondence.  After a couple of months I called to check.  A very nice girl told me I should be getting it within a month.  Also apologized for WM not being up front and telling me out of stock.  So....a long known issue that could have easily been corrected by a simple statement on the website that the band was out of stock.

Since I was in no hurry I just waited.  Never got a email that it was being shipped or even one with the tracking number.  They did have my info as I got a email from UPS that the package was being delivered.

I order lots of stuff from McMaster-Carr and a few things from Lee Valley.  This two outfits, especially McMaster have taken customer service to a new level.  Excellent!
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WV Sawmiller

Sorry to hear about the mix up, delays and extra costs. My dealings have been excellent with the WM team. I have had them ship from multiple locations to fill my order but no delays that I remember.

I used to use resharp and had them add small parts to eminent returned blade shipments to save shipping but the last couple of times I tried that I sent my request by e-mail and they missed the boat and shipped alone and at cost. Never had a problem when I talked to the rep.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

barbender

I would've been frustrated by Log Dawg's experience, too. 

Larry, I usually order most of my blades and parts through WM's online store. It can be a bit glitchy on occasion, and some of the info as to whether things are in stock or not are lacking. I ordered some new engine mounts about 2 months ago and I haven't heard a lick of info about them. I'm not surprised they are back ordered but it would be nice to have a little info on the situation. I have no doubt that if I called, they would've told me what was up but that info is not updated online🤷‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

ellmoe

Not sure if they are overwhelmed with orders or it's all the new personnel WM has added, but their service has slipped a notch. I suspect it's a combination of the two.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

bodagocreek2

I ordered blades from MENOMINEE SAW (forum sponser} on last friday and they were ready on tuesday. Great people

Magicman

I have never experienced any of these "less than satisfactory" situations with any of my service related calls nor orders. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

At least some never have problems. the way it should be.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

randy d

I sent some bands out for resharp on the 9th of May and they returned on the 19 th 10day turn around you just can't beat that for quick. Randy

caveman

We had a magnetic proximity sensor fail last Saturday morning.  I called WM, spoke to a fellow named Jeff, and he said they were having computer problems.  He assured he would call me on Monday.  Monday afternoon he called, and I was able to order the sensor.  The package was delivered today and I installed it this evening.  The only thing that perplexes me is the shipping was $16 and it could have been mailed with a couple of dollars postage.  Regardless, I was glad to have it available and delivered in a timely manner.
Caveman

beenthere

QuoteThe only thing that perplexes me is the shipping was $16 and it could have been mailed with a couple of dollars postage.

Hmmm?
Have you mailed anything via USPS lately?    ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terrifictimbersllc

Used to be about $11 for ups from WM to me now it is $23.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

caveman

I have not mailed anything lately, but the sensor is about 1/2"x3/4"x 1 1/4" (It would likely fit into a small match box).  Regardless, I'm glad they had it in stock and got it to us this week.  It also cost less than several of the places that I looked at online.

If the postal service still has the "if it fits, it ships" boxes, they would be a more economical alternative.  
Caveman

Erik A

Quote from: edwin dirnbeck on May 19, 2022, 09:27:53 PM
And this is why AMAZON is taking over the world.
I did some work for Amazon, it took me 3 years to get paid! I don't like Amazon!

Thank You Sponsors!