iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HOT Today

Started by Magicman, May 24, 2010, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

If you keep Working when your wife is telling you to stop . . She will have a Heart Attack
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

fishfighter

:D  She will not let me go that far. :D

petefrom bearswamp

Dang! typed this reply but my hr was up on the forum so it didnt get posted.
My computer only lets me login for an hr.
Here goes again.
Hope you are OK fishfighter.
Got to 92 yesterday with very high humidity.
Talked to my BIL in FL and was only 93 there.
Went to my friends woodlot this AM got in the woods at 8:45 marked 10mbf of Hemlock and got out at 10 drenched with sweat.
Was only 84 then got to 89 as i type this.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WDH

95 degrees.  Hot , humid, and nasty.  Going to get worser this week. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

9+" of rain with a forecast of 6"-8" more tonight and more thru next week.  :o There are a lot of people getting flooded all along south central Louisiana clean across the state right now. :(

I'm good. ;D

Kbeitz

It was so hot here today that I came in my house to take a shower and could not get my Clothes  off...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

petefrom bearswamp

glad you  are good! ;)
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

fishfighter

They now reporting some areas had as much as 22" of rain not more then 15 air miles from me. :o

This storm, a low pressure front center had only moved about 70 miles all day. It's getting all it's energy from The Gulf Of Mexico which the waters are very hot at this time of the year. :(  It is starting to break down some, but they expect it to start firing off again around 1 in the morning. :o

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Kbeitz on August 12, 2016, 06:40:06 PM
It was so hot here today that I came in my house to take a shower and could not get my Clothes  off...

Have you tried sawing naked? Would not have that problem any more. (Sorry - the Devil made me do it.) :D :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tnaz

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on August 12, 2016, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: Kbeitz on August 12, 2016, 06:40:06 PM

Have you tried sawing naked? Would not have that problem any more. (Sorry - the Devil made me do it.) :D :D :D
NO,NO,NO! :D :laugh:

Magicman

Interstate 55 was closed due to high water 50 miles South of us.  The town of Osyka was completely isolated.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tnaz

Looking at radar its looks like a hurricane sitting on top of y'all.

fishfighter

Yep, just no winds and this sucker doesn't want to move. >:( Rain fall here is now over 15" total storm. :o Still coming down in buckets. :o Many many people are flooded out where they never were flooded before. Just unreal.

I'm still good, but I'm getting concern now.  :o Don't know how much more rain the area can take. My plans are to use my backhoe, dig up dirt and dump at the door ways if need be.

terrifictimbersllc

Sawed from 7:00-5:00 yesterday it was 96 degrees at 2:30 and 98 at 4:00.   Took a chair with me and sat down 5-10 minutes an hour for the last part of the day.

Customer wasn't there left me a list with the off bearer, "pine 1x10, Long".   "2x6 and 2x4, can be shorter".  "Oak 2".  It was OK I've sawn for him dozens of times.   He leaves me a blank check to fill in.

Hour drive home with the AC full blast on me.  Still recovering this morning.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

fishfighter

Well, it is still raining here. :o Went for a little drive yesterday and passed in front of Cypressman's place(Member here). It looks like his house took on water along with his lumber yard.

They still are pulling a lot of people out that are flooded. Water has back up everywhere with no place to go. :o Bayous will set all time high records in the area. I'm talking well over 4' from pass high records. :o

Magicman

The TV is showing Interstate 55 washed out 50 miles South of us.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

MM, they are launching boats off I-12 to get people out.

fishfighter

Just a heads up. This flooding down here is still going on. There are Emergency workers in Louisiana have rescued more than 20,000 stranded residents -- and, at last count, at least 500 pets -- from submerged homes and cars in the historic floods. At least three people have died. Thousands of homes flooded. Dang near the amount of Katrina. :o I don't know if this news is getting out to the rest on the country, Big news channels have not been playing here. The local news channels have been on 24/7, trying to pass on info. :o Really is a sad thing for me to see this, Hurricane Betsy and Katrina flooding in my life time. :(

Magicman

Yup, I believe that this flooding will probably affect more people than Hurricane Katrina.  The sad thing is that it is being largely ignored by the national media.  It will get worse before it starts to get better.  The misery will continue for weeks and then the recovery will begin.  So many families have lost all that they have.  The need for the basic necessities is great.

paul case

Our prayers are with youall affected by the flooding down south.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

DMcCoy

You are right no news about it in OR, must have been 4 murders on 10PM news.  Sorry to hear it, flooding is hard to fight.  Our big flood was in 96', certain areas where roads and RR got washed out were abandoned and never repaired.

The weather is different.  The alders are starting to loose some leaves, this is about a month early.  I think it is low moisture in the soil, we had winter rains but below normal and last summer was exceptionally dry.

Sixacresand

Quote from: Magicman on August 16, 2016, 08:07:42 AM
Yup, I believe that this flooding will probably affect more people than Hurricane Katrina.  The sad thing is that it is being largely ignored by the national media.  It will get worse before it starts to get better.  The misery will continue for weeks and then the recovery will begin.  So many families have lost all that they have.  The need for the basic necessities is great.
The media is spread pretty thin: the flood, the fire, the upcoming elections, zeka, Milwaukee, terrorism, etc.   And they try so hard to make all this entertaining.   We need to pray for all those who are miserable and have lost their homes and possessions in the flooding and western fires.   I Pray that the organizations like the Red Cross and Baptist Disaster Relief can offer some help to these people. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

tnaz

Quote from: paul case on August 16, 2016, 08:32:59 AM
Our prayers are with youall affected by the flooding down south.

PC
X2

Magicman

This is a weather phenomenon that has never happened before, and without understanding the terrain of South Louisiana it is hard for others to understand what happened and is still happening.

A topical depression settled over the area and just did not move.  Over 20" of rain was dumped in this low lying area.  The flood could not have been predicted nor prevented.  There is nowhere for the water to go.  Interstate highways are flooded and washed out in several places.  There were people trapped on the interstate when they came to flooded areas.  They turned around only to fine that the highway had flooded behind them.

elk42

Has anyone got word from fishfighter or others from that area. I know that fishfighter
is on west side of the river.  My iPhone Google map shows all the roads that are closed
and it looks like you can't get in or out of Baton Rouge.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Thank You Sponsors!