iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

device to hold blade from turning

Started by tgalbraith, November 02, 2012, 08:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgalbraith

Here is another little gadget I built, to prevent movement when I'm sharpening or replacing teeth. If anyone else has that problem, feel free to copy this idea. It simply slides down and locks on the splitter bar.

M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

Chuck White

Excellent idea, both for safety and convenience! smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

5quarter

Thats slicker than shhhhoe leather! I don't run a circle saw, but if I did, I'd be making one of those for myself.   ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Ron Wenrich

My board splitter is a lot closer to the blade.  I don't have problems with the blade turning.  If I'm sharpening, I put my knee against the saw.  That usually holds it.  If I'm changing teeth, I'll spray the shanks down with Bluecreeper before I change them.  Let it sit for a little while, and they come right out. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

shelbycharger400

How long is that splitter?
The m14 I had purchased a while back never had a splitter on it. It was a wood deck. Maybe thats the reason why the old farmer said it was too much for him.
I still haven't set it up but it would be good part to have.

tgalbraith

the splitter is 24" high and 4 1/4" wide, and it attaches to the main rail with 4 bolts and a spacer block.
It came standard after they went to a factory steel frame, but could be added to wooden mill too, I think.
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

Thank You Sponsors!