iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cutting my First Boards

Started by DWyatt, October 02, 2018, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWyatt

This past weekend was my birthday and I decided that this was going to be the weekend I fired the mill up finally and cut some logs. When I first bought the mill ('99 Woodmizer LT40HDG25), I thought I was buying a "ready-to-run" unit. However, I'm not sure that a routine alignment had been done on the machine in a very long time. And the rats nest of jury-rigged wiring in the controls box was a whole nother issue. The last couple months has been a mess with trying to move into/finish the new house and attempting to cram in some time working on the mill. It has been the standard, work for an hour then throw a couple $100 to Woodmizer then work some more and repeat ::) rather discouraging.

But this weekend made it so much better! Although I found a couple more things that need addressed, she finally made some saw dust! 8) 8)Oh and I finished up my Birthday with swinging some sticks and having a few too many silver bullets! 8) :)

PA_Walnut

Congrats! Glad you are up and running.

Next up: take down that tree at the course (in the background of your swing photo) and turn it into boards.
A big tree like that on the gold course, surely is a hassle for players and keepers alike!   ;D :D
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Southside

Congratulations on a job well done. Funny, when you said "swinging some sticks" I pictured you tossing slabs into a pile in a creative manner...then I saw the picture.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

There's a great satisfaction in putting a machine back in order!  Congratulations on getting it running as it should again!

Looking forward to seeing your lumber and projects!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

DWyatt

Quote from: PA_Walnut on October 02, 2018, 08:03:05 AM
Congrats! Glad you are up and running.

Next up: take down that tree at the course (in the background of your swing photo) and turn it into boards.
A big tree like that on the gold course, surely is a hassle for players and keepers alike!   ;D :D
The course we played is nick-named "ricochet acres" and I'm 90% sure they have golf ball magnets in every tree :D

Thank You Sponsors!