iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I have a need for wood grain image

Started by RacinRex, February 10, 2005, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacinRex

Hi guys, I'm on a artwork quest and was looking for a digital image of some clean oak or cherry wood grain. It has to be pretty high quality I went through the image archive and found some very interesting pieces but they all are very compressed and tend to look digitalized when I start adding them to the piece I'm working on. Pretty much any format including everything from jpg to adobe illustrator is fine as long as it has some good detail and is well lit to begin with... I'll be glad to share the artwork back on here when i'm done and get all of your opinions.

Thanks a ton!!!!!

Jimbo
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

RacinRex

I almost forgot... email addy.

jwickham3@stny.rr.com

sorry
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

Tom

well DanG!  I made a long post and didn't get it on the forum.  I'll bet I previewed it and went on, instead of posting it.   :-\ >:(  What-a-dummy! :)

I just cut some pretty Southern Red Oak and will try to get pictures of it.  The customer is 50 miles in the wrong direction so I might not make it.   They were monster trees and produced beautiful quarter sawed 8 and 10  inch boards and some flat sawed 12 inch boards with only 2 or 3 growth rings.  Hope they aren't stacked on the bottom.

Jeff

I can take a picture of the cherry burl I have here.  but it almost looks like something other then wood. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Larry

Let me know what kind of pic's ya need and I can probably fix ya up tomorrow.  Just don't expect any pic's of cherry burl as them guys didn't share with me. :-[ :'( :-[

Really wanted an excuse to see iffen I can post a picture.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Furby

I can get you a pic or two of cherry. You want curly type stuff?

Otherwise pick out a couple of pics from the gallery and trace them back to the owner with the search feature, and see if they have an uncompressed pic.

Thank You Sponsors!