iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buckthorn?

Started by Treeflea24, July 07, 2022, 11:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treeflea24

I found this tree while I was out demolishing the honeysuckle and barberry patches.
I have a feeling it is some kind of buckthorn, but I'm not sure. It would match with the invasive theme that I have going on...
The tree is about 12' tall, and it is the only of its type around the area.
Should I kill this one while Im at it?

-

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Wattwood

The fruit looks more like viburnum prunifolium to me. If it dries and looks like a raisin that may be what it is. Worth preserving if it is blackhaw viburnum. Rob
LT15 Electric and a couple Ferguson tractors

beenthere

May be, the leaves shown look extra large compared to my buckthorn. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Treeflea24

Thanks all.
I killed it last night. Now it matches the rest of the area around it - it looks like some kind of natural disaster swept through here.
If I find more I will let it stay and watch to see what it looks like in the other times of year and get a better idea for what it is.
-

Blue Noser

Quote from: Wattwood on July 08, 2022, 07:02:56 AM
The fruit looks more like viburnum prunifolium to me. If it dries and looks like a raisin that may be what it is. Worth preserving if it is blackhaw viburnum. Rob
Defiantly a viburnum.

Thank You Sponsors!