iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dump scores!

Started by justallan1, March 23, 2013, 09:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justallan1

I enjoy getting a soda and driving out to the dump about once a month, more in the summer, to see what I find.
Today was a great day. I found some pretty new Carhart bibs and coveralls, a leather vest and leather jacket, a pretty new camp cot and a whole mess of other stuff. My best find today were these all metal cars. The doors and hoods open and the steering works on most of them.

With the stuff that was there I have to believe the gentleman has left to be in a better place and mean it with all the respect possible when I say I think those Carharts and leather jackets will be appreciated greatly by someone rather than being buried in a landfill. I wish they fit me.
Allan

sprucebunny

Wow !! Great finds !

Among many other things, I got my Vermont Castings woodstove at the dump ! Been using it 3 years, now.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

clww

There's a dumpster site on the first secondary road we drive to reach the cabin. I have gotten two truck bed loads of great stuff in the past 12 months, easily. My best was three OLD barn doors. Each was finished with a shaping plane to form the T&G on the three boards. Each door is 42" wide and the smallest is 79" in height. These are being installed in the cabin.
I love so-called "dumpster diving". I call it what I feel it is: recycling. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Don_Papenburg

I got one of them little custom Mercs at a farm show from Car Quest. Just mindlessly filling out cards at various booths never figuring on getting anything but junk mail.  We were about to leave and my name was called to go to the Car Quest booth. I could have a hat or the car .  I have a lot of hats so the little car came home with me.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

justallan1

I've been thinking that I need a job at the dump! :D
I have found a canoe, a chainsaw, an old beat up Snap-On tool box (fixable, of coarse), and quite a few tools.
Allan

Al_Smith

I've got a couple of chainsaws people have retrieved and they all run after I played with them a tad .One is a darned good running McCulloch 700 .It just needed a starter rope and a good soaking with penetrating oil to un stick it .

sawguy21

A friend work as an equipment operator at the landfill. He found lots of good stuff that he could not bear to see crushed so he would drop it at my place until he could find a home for it. Costco dumped defective garden tools, engine hoists etc, it was cheaper to write them off than ship back for warranty repair. I never knew what I would find when I got home. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!