iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Masonary Stove

Started by Stephen1, January 18, 2020, 08:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

I have been looking at the "Masonary Stove"   to put in my new house.  I could situate it close to the Passive Solar windows and use the stone work as a heat sink for the Solar. When the sun does not shine I use it as the wood stove it is. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Holmes

There are a few companies that sell prefab but you assemble soapstone units.  Woodstock stoves in NH has them. Someone in Canada probably has them too
Think like a farmer.

Don P

Masonary: an evangelical brick ;D

Another prefab that works well is tempcast. Theirs is a prefab core that is correctly designed and shaped and you surround it with the masonry of your choice, brick, stone, whatever. A friend had one in their previous house that had an oven over the fireplace part that all worked very well.

Stephen1

I have been finding a few online kit makers. I am glad to hear Don P that they do work quite well. Tempcast has a great website with a lot of usefull information. 
It definitly is geared to the DIY instalation. A stone or brick venear no more than 4" thick
I like the concept and am hoping someone on the FF has one or experienced one. 
I beleive I would use an Air to Air  heat exchanger as my backup heat source.
I like to idea of using wood to heat, especially when I have a nice supply.
 I am older and the idea of filling an outdoor wood boiler into my later years is not appealing. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!