iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Get into logging at WHAT age?

Started by jstiff, November 16, 2023, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodemont

Autocar:  Occasionally I grab a saw to make one or two quick cuts, perhaps a small tree that has fallen across a trail.  I rationalize to myself "I do not need my chaps for this".  No more...I am going to over ride that thought with a vision of you.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

B.C.C. Lapp

Autocar that discription of your accident gave me the shivers.

Just a real good reminder that the first step in the procedure for starting a chainsaw is buckling on the chaps, THEN set the choke and pull. 
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

BargeMonkey

Friend of mine this summer, took off his chaps in heat. Had a fun hobbled walk back to the truck.

I'm a fan of these, added an ice bag, bigger blood stop bag, better gloves and a spyderco, all my machines that have a cab have 1 of these in it, her car has one, my truck, my boat bag, you never know when.

I carry one with me on the boat, lucky to find a band aid sometimes.

carpet56238

Hand-cutting can be hard work, but it's a good way to learn the ropes and save some cash. Plus, it's a good workout!
As for equipment, my friend started with a basic chainsaw and gradually worked his way up to more advanced machinery. It's a long journey, but it's doable with dedication and learning from experienced loggers.

Thank You Sponsors!