iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfoot griz

18 here this morning.  There was a big layer of frost on the windshield this a.m.!

thecfarm

That will do it.  :D  We call that a killing frost in my neck of the woods.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

It looks like lows in the 20°-30° and highs 40°-50° with chances of snow showers toward the end of next week.  These old redneck Southern boys have a surprise waiting for them in Colorado.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

If you survive that, that'll just make ya tougher.  8)

When temps drop to 20-40 degrees, that's my favorite time to putter around the woodlot and prune up some log trees. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

The National Weather Service has 17° in Fairplay, Co. this morning.  Burrrrrr.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

We made it through the night and it only got down to about 40, didn't get blown away so everything's good, haven't really heard much yet about damage from yesterdays storms and tornadoes so hopefully it was minor enough.  It's supposed to warm back up this week so I'm sure glad it didn't freeze, now that we got a little rain I'd like to get another cutting of hay.

blackfoot griz

Quote from: Magicman on October 04, 2013, 08:43:20 PM
It looks like lows in the 20°-30° and highs 40°-50° with chances of snow showers toward the end of next week.  These old redneck Southern boys have a surprise waiting for them in Colorado.   :o

MM,  hopefully you have better footwear this year :D

Your toes remember the last trip...we do as well!

hardtailjohn

Quote from: sandhills on October 05, 2013, 10:50:00 AM
now that we got a little rain I'd like to get another cutting of hay.

I'd just like it to dry up long enough for me to get my hay stacked in the hayshed!! :D
We had 18 here yesterday too, Blackfootgriz..... I went to load gravel first thing and the pile had a pretty good crust on it! We moved cows after lunch and it was just beautiful... nice and sunny and crisp...about 50... couldn't ask for a much nicer day for a ride!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

blackfoot griz

Quote from: hardtailjohn on October 05, 2013, 11:03:21 AM
Quote from: sandhills on October 05, 2013, 10:50:00 AM
now that we got a little rain I'd like to get another cutting of hay.

I'd just like it to dry up long enough for me to get my hay stacked in the hayshed!! :D
We had 18 here yesterday too, Blackfootgriz..... I went to load gravel first thing and the pile had a pretty good crust on it! We moved cows after lunch and it was just beautiful... nice and sunny and crisp...about 50... couldn't ask for a much nicer day for a ride!

I hear you John,  I still need to get my irritation irrigation pipe picked up, it's been too wet here as well.

It's a perfect weather day in Western Montana today...crystal clear, snow on the mountain tops...high temps in the upper 50's--heading to Missoula for the Homecoming football game @ The University of Montana.  It's going to be a great day!

mesquite buckeye

We also are suffering from extreme cold with lows in the upper 50's to low 60's. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Cactus are getting sad from the heat going bye bye.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

I think our 70° weather is gone for a few months now.  :D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Sunny and high 80's. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

chevytaHOE5674

Its a beautiful 54° and drizzly rain here  :D

SwampDonkey

Nice sunny fall day here, got up in the 60's. It's now around 55 as the sun falls from the sky. ;D Was nice and warm under the walnut trees awhile ago, picking some nuts.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

This is a typical fall day here. Not use to this cold weather.  ;D

SwampDonkey

:D Then your in for a treat....er retreat.

WDH

88 degrees and humid.  Sweaty. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

A light rain here now. Much better than 2 inches in a day than 2 days later we get 3 more. If we get a good wind,that will pull those pretty leaves off the trees.

SwampDonkey

Returning to 70's again by Wednesday and sunny the rest of the week. Rain today, but not much, might get an inch all told by morning. Fire on, only in the 50's right now. ;D

thecfarm

Here it is Oct 9th and I don't think we got a frost last night. I had 34° at the house. Cooled of a lot at 6:30 last night.

mesquite buckeye

Storm coming in tonight. Little rain expected, but lots of wind. High in the 70's tomorrow. Coldest day in 5 months.

clww

It has been raining here at The Beach since 2:00 am. Coastal storm which has produced 50 mph gusts and 2 inches of rain, so far. Didn't work today and probably won't tomorrow, either.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

We have a looong stretch of dry sunny weather. Not much left of the leaves though. Dropped two weeks early in my opinion.

OneWithWood

Beautiful day here today.  Lower humidity and a high in the upper 70's.  The county SWCD hosted a tour for all the Indiana partners (SWCD, ISDA, IDEM, NRCS, IDNR etc.)  They stopped by this morning and we had a wonderful chat.  Unfortunately the federal agencies could not participate do to the stupidity in DC.  After the contingent left I marked the walking trails in the woods, cleared some dangerous girdled trees that decided to hang in other girdled trees over the trails and worked on residing by barn.  A truly beautiful day  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Icehouse

The temp was like 45° all day, nice to be outside, high overcast, no rain. Went to town to get my repaired skidder tire. Hard to believe they can section the tire and repair that big gash, will last awhile longer, new tires are really expensive . Tomorrow we'll get the tire on and maybe get some logs skidded. :o
Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

Thank You Sponsors!