iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I am folding with a full house.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 22, 2015, 09:01:04 PM
I am folding with a full house.   :)

Good call........probably a marked deck anyway. Gotta watch Goose.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I've been dealt a bad hand,10° and I would suspect falling.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

All of my rain is now in S. C.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

send the rain my way need the snow gone by Wednesday and don't ship it snail mail please  over night would be fine  :D :D

sandhills

You guys are a hoot, MM you could send some of that a little further Northwest, thecfarm and Goose, keep it!  ;D

Magicman

Oh my.  I looked and there is none in sight for you.  Sorry.   :-\

curdog

This rain has now crossed over into nc, someone needs to pull it back south again. Even though I measure the distance to sc in yards,  this rain has spilled to far north.

Magicman

;D  Looks like you are doing a good job of holding on to it and Virginia will get none of it.   :D

SwampDonkey

Lotsa wind, 7F this morning.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodhauler

Starting to hate winter more each day! -1 right now, still windy. Having a hard time heading out to haul wood!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

I had 7 when I was up at 5 this morning,16 now and sunny.
It is just about 6 at night,I was out cutting some white maple. There was a ring of wetness around the ends.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

Quote from: Magicman on March 22, 2015, 11:00:28 PM
  ;D  Looks like you are doing a good job of holding on to it and Virginia will get none of it.   :D
I pushed and pushed as hard as I could and it must have worked.  The road was just about dry when I went to grab a biscuit a little after 6 this morning. But I'll get a break from rain pushing tomorrow and have to get back at it for Wednesday and Thursday.

thecfarm

I have 8 above. I hope to see a big difference tomorrow morning.

square1

Having watched this thread for some time I have to make a comment.  You all seem to talk about the weather a lot, but none of you seem to be doing anything about it! ;)

SwampDonkey

Yes we are, staying warm and dry. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Buckshot00

35 going to 70 today and sunny.

Magicman

Yup square1, trying to change the weather would be like trying to push a rope. (old saying)   :)

bhall

square1,  I went out in the woods last night and did a sun dance, sure enough got up this morning and there was a beautiful sun rise, that kinda stuff works, you just got to believe. Bob
97 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic/Lombardini
Life is good on the Catawba path

SwampDonkey

Quote from: bhall on March 24, 2015, 09:25:37 AM
square1,  I went out in the woods last night and did a sun dance, sure enough got up this morning and there was a beautiful sun rise, that kinda stuff works, you just got to believe. Bob

Does it always work? I could do that each morning before I start up the brush saw.  8)

bhall

OK Mister SwampDonkey, looks like you be waiting for a reply so I'll give one. Think the odds are one in a billion, and ya gotta do the dance right, I'll try to get someone to take a pic of me doin it. RIGHT! Bob
97 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic/Lombardini
Life is good on the Catawba path

pineywoods

Beautiful sunshiney day for the second day in a row. About time, I measure 12 inches of rain over the past 2 weeks. I've had to use mr kubota to pull 2 customer's trucks out of my mill yard in the past week. North louisiana is all hills, so it's running down to add to fishfighter's woes.. ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sandhills

Steady light shower for about 2 hours now  8)

Thank You Sponsors!