iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Crispy, fried, burnt, flinty.  Weeds are dying. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

After we get a couple cool damp days, it's suppose to warm up again and be dry for several days. I don't think it did anything here all night, just suppose to be showering. Working (thinning) in hardwood is dryer because the live limbs are above you, whereas the fir and spruce have limbs to the ground and all them old needles shedding. I like thinning sugar maple. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Here seams to me that it rains every third day for three days  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

Same here too. Raining steady here now. Did get outside yesterday afternoon,without getting wet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Less than 1/10th here all day, just mostly a mist that comes and goes.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

No rain here for quite some time now.  Been windy like you wouldn't believe.  Was in the bush today taking a front tire off the tractor to get it fixed and saw a rather large cottonwood snap off about 20 feet above the ground.  The tree was about 24 inch diameter or so and was punky inside.  I took the tire off and had a quick look at the tree and got the heck outta there. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Probably the end of the gardens by tomorrow morning and next morning. Going down into the 20's, but then warming back up to near 70 for the weekend.  Some places are going to get a lot rain in the SE of NB with high wind and surf, but it's like a different world up here, dry for the next few days. ;D

thecfarm

I'm sitting here surrounded by SUN LIGHT. Really it looks kinda odd. Have not seen this much sun for a week now. Still slopping wet outside. I went out at 3:30,after it had rained all day, until dark last night,just about 7, and it started to rain again when I was coming in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I am enjoying the cooler weather, but we are dry.  I have oats, wheat, and ryegrass that needs a drink.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I should of went outside and and enjoyed the sun,all gone now.  :(

Norm

Mid 80's with no rain. We got 3/4's inch in September when normal is 3 or 4.

SwampDonkey

Never rained all day here, but it's cool in the 40's. Saw 2 cow moose next to my work area. They were standing in a field being plowed.  ;D

nas

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 05, 2011, 02:11:01 PM
Never rained all day here, but it's cool in the 40's. Saw 2 cow moose next to my work area. They were standing in a field being plowed.  ;D
Never seen a moose get plowed before ;D
Sun and 60's for the next 2 weeks 8).  Looks like a good indian summer this year :)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Mooseherder

They were probably waiting for a scrumptious plant root to get overturned ya know.
I had one following me while I was Bush hogging before.  Only noticed he was there when I turned around.  He hung out until he was bored. :D

SwampDonkey

Well, a bull took at them two cows last week so.......careful how you word stuff I guess. :D

Twenty-two point bull the landowner said. He saw him with the cows one day. I saw all three when marking perimeter. But all I saw was legs, and shadows and some ...noises. :D

beenthere

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 05, 2011, 04:41:25 PM
Well, a bull took at them two cows last week so.......careful how you word stuff I guess. :D

Almost afraid to ask what this means. Chased them maybe?  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Well, to be blunt. It's the moose rut.  ;)

Coon

You can say "Goosed by a Moose in the Spruce" in other words.  :D

SwampDonkey

Last night's frost got the begonias, the first killing frost of the year at the house. The frost has hit a few times up at the woodlot, since the small hardwoods are about all bare up there. It's lower ground.

Coon

We are finally getting some rain.   8)   8)  This time last year I was wanting it to quit.   :D   Tis system is supposed to be moving through fairly quickly and clearing up by tomorrow. 

sandhills

We finally got a little rain last night, only a quarter inch or so, but it sure took the edge off things a little.  Everyone around here is trying harvest and the last few days have had winds gusting to 40 mph +, we haven't had rain in a long time and fires have been bad, 2 days ago 26000 acres burned from a spark by a combine.  We're supposed to get more rain in the next few days, I hope we do.

SwampDonkey

In NB you sure don't see many nights in mid October with temps in the 60's. It's going to be a hot day. Yesterday it was 72 here. Wed-Thurs it was freezing cold.  ;) I do remember a warm October in 2001 and 2007, but by the last week of the month in each of those years it was snowing and never stopped until April. ::)

thecfarm

A wonderful and beautiful weekend. Up in the 80's and bright sun for us to enjoy. Real odd for Oct weather. Was outside last night when the sun was going down. Cooled off mighty quick.

Magicman

We are about normal weather wise, but dry....dry.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Good drying wind today and the potato farmers are digging taters like mad. One farmer was digging straight through the weekend, still at it. I don't know the acreage he has, but they have been hauling taters for 5 or 6 weeks now. Been hauling taters to Dad's main shed here and that'll hold more than most sheds around here.

Thank You Sponsors!