iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

In Utah it is hottest between 4 and 5 PM.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

WDH

The high humidity with the cold and the wind is what is bad.

You do not know hot and miserable until you go to south Louisiana in July or August.  There are a few other places I could add like southeast Texas, south Mississippi, south Alabama, south Georgia, all of Florida, etc.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DDDfarmer

When it hits 30* C / 85* f   I usually look for shade and have a break.  I would rather work at -5 to -15 than heat
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

thecfarm

Was raining here through the night,36° now. The other night the lowest temp here was 31. I better get my wood that I have to drag up my graveled wood road up by the house or I'll have to load that onto a trailer to get it up here. Temps are looking good for another week if you're not a winter person. Don't know if I said it all ready,but we may be done with the below zero weather for a week or 2 straight. I expect a day here and there kinda cold,but not a long stretch of it. I'm still in the woods with my tractor cutting wood out of the bog. that will start to flood with the melting and rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Wet snow here so far and 33 F. Not heavy snow though, small flakes. Not adding up very fast though. When it hits the barn door it turns to water.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

West central Ohio clear and sunny , around forthy something. To wet to work but was able to get some logs into the sawmill today.
Bill

bugdust

So much for global warming this weekend. Old man winter will be knocking on our door just to remind us he'll be the one who decides when winter is over. Latest forecast is 8"-10" in our part of the state. Shouldn't last to long with next week temps at 40's and 50's.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Jeff

Thank you for hosting our winter this year.  Today it was near 40 degrees and sunny. The easiest winter so far, that I can remember in my entire life.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bandmiller2

We don't really have any frost in the ground,makes it hard to move logs around,I hate filling in ruts. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sprucebunny

Road ban signs went up today in Fryeburg Maine !! Do you think that's a record for earliest ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

snowstorm

Quote from: sprucebunny on February 17, 2012, 08:18:43 PM
Road ban signs went up today in Fryeburg Maine !! Do you think that's a record for earliest ???
i took one of those signs many years ago so i could take it home to read it. there is a lot of fine print. no posters up here yet next town they have been up for 4 weeks

SwampDonkey

Although it has been a mighty fine winter with all the mild days, 1981 was way milder. We had locust trees in the yard leaf out in February that year and temps near 60 for highs on many days. I spent many days that winter burning up brush piles with my uncle. The big news that year was the lining of the planets and wasn't Reagan shot then to? We just got about an inch of wet snow today and going to be mild for the week ahead. Get out your sap cans. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

In 1981, you were hardly bigger than a fresh stump sprout  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Worked since I was 7 to earn money, but burning brush didn't pay much.  :-\ But it was fun to build bon-fires. ;D  8)

thecfarm

Postings are up here too in a few towns,forgot to mention that.They were put up in the last few days. I told the wife last week they will be posting the roads if this weather keeps up.

This is last years sign. I even saw a Frost Heave sign the other day. Not many frost heaves yet. There's a couple that are pretty bad every year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We have one of those big red and yellow things bearing down on us that will arrive mid-morning.  More storms and rain.   :o 

It looks to be clear next week and that is good 'cause I have another "road trip" saw job.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sprucebunny

For the last month, the road I use the most has been heavily frost heaved. Top speed about 20mph. The town/state have started filling the craters with gravel.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bogue Chitto

Customer said he was bringing logs on Saturday.  Its now Saturday in South Louisiana and it is storming. Did not think he would show.  I look out my window and he is siting under the sawmill shed.  Customers come first so I went out and unloaded the logs. :-[. Good fellow tho.  We talked about an hour after we unloaded. :)

Magicman

Them musta been "water logs".   ;D

I have a Grandson that is supposed to be playing baseball today.   Not.    :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bogue Chitto

I was water logged. :D

Magicman

whiteflag_smiley    I do not believe that the Sun will ever shine again.   go_away

But of course in August I'll be wishing for rain.   ;D

Mooseherder

I had to mow today to get the weeds down because that's what grows in Feb.
Got the mower stuck as it slid towards the pond.  You'd think I'd know better by now.  My wife arrived in time to pull me out with the truck.
Tried working in the garage after and did for a while but it was too hot. ::)

SwampDonkey

Was working in the shop today, no fire on and it wasn't freezing either. Actually killed two mosquitoes out in the unheated barn area. ;D

WDH

Raining cats, dogs, and frogs. 

Magicman

My next week's customer call a bit ago and we will be sawing next week.  It surely didn't look that way a few hours ago.  That job is 110 miles away, so I need good weather next week.

Thank You Sponsors!