iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Northern Maine and that arm of NB that goes over Maine is suppose to get snow Sunday night. Winter will be early I predict. When I returned from VA in Oct 2001, our thanksgiving time, I returned to a snow blizzard and winter was here for the duration. It was real warm up here in the 70's the week before. Exact same thing happened in 2007 and it was a record snow year in 2008. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

Tree whacking season soon to be over. ;)

SwampDonkey

I've been done whacking for a couple weeks. Just began some pole pruning in my better fir. Did I say I have nice fir? ;D  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

You'd better hide and stay put during trapping season. :D

SwampDonkey

Nothing more formidable than a forester with pole pruners. ;D

thecfarm

The frost has come,29 did it. Been having some rain here. But the ground is taking it in good. Just glad I'm not having wood cut now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I am watching SW Colorado's weather......wonder why  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Does lift off commence tomorrow MM?

Magicman

No, since my Son still "works for the man"  we will not be able to blast off until Wednesday AM.  That will put us there at noon Thursday for a season opener of Saturday AM.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

We had some wet snow yesterday and it rained hard in the night for a spell. It's suppose to get in the high 60's here today. We usually get a cool spell then warms up for a good stretch. I hope it's not Indian summer just yet. ;D

Magicman

We finally got some rain last night which will be good for my newly planted food plots.   :)

thecfarm

I think we had a light rain all night. Suppose to get into the high 60's. We'll see about that. Real foggy here right now. Can't see the woods across the road.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Been cold and rainy/snowy for about a week and a half now. Was 24 degrees last Friday morning, was a shocker to have to break ice off the animals water buckets. Had a couple of inches of snow last Thursday that required plowing of the highways. Supposed to warm up this week into the upper 40' and lower 50's, so it should be a good chance to get some outdoor projects done.

thecfarm

I see swampdoney mentioned snow. We had a snow shower here. If I wasn't outside I would of missed it.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it had long melted before dark. Been fog here since, and that heavy down pour last night. Suppose to be heavy rain tonight I guess.

thecfarm

The last 2 days have been nice,temps in the high 60's and bright sun. Showers than rain tomorrow.

WDH

Dessicated.  Bone dry. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandhills

Quote from: WDH on October 18, 2012, 09:55:33 PM
Dessicated.  Bone dry.
I know the feeling, with high winds  :-\

SwampDonkey

I was down to Bangor, Maine on Wednesday. The ground off the pavement was squishy wet down there. Was in the high 60's. Yesterday was nice here to. Suppose to be a small disturbance Saturday morning with a warm rain in the 60's, then no storms predicted until at least next Thursday.  8)

The turnip pickers where out yesterday and some farmers also harvesting potatoes.

thecfarm

We had some nice temps the last few days,60's been nice weather. Calm before the storm. Sandy is coming. I really worked up a sweat cutting some wood today.

SwampDonkey

I don't think Sandy is going to amount to much up here. The radio just mentions showers out of the NE. It's been nice for sure, the whole week here. A couple mornings of light frost the first of the week. But full sun here for days and in the 60's the last 3 days. Turnip pickers where just a chuck'n the last few days. I've had some of their turnips, they are much better than store bought because they have had frost to sweeten them up. :)

thecfarm

The wind is starting to blow and a heavy mist.

chevytaHOE5674

We had measurable rain/snow 23 of the first 26 days of October. Last few days its been mid/low 20's in the mornings with highs in the upper 30's. Had ice on a water trough this morning that held my weight, time to get the heaters out and plugged in to keep them cows watered. Got the plow truck out and plow mounted only to find out that the alternator is bad so I have to get one of them before we get any snow that needs plowing in the next few days. Ooo the joys of winter.

WDH

Very windy and blustery today.  About 25 MPH.  That is nothing compared to what is happening in the NE with the hurricane.  Built my first fire in the stove for the season.  Supposed to fall into the high 30's tonight.  The women (one human and one dog-human) like it warm.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Wind is really blowing out there. Not much rain,yet. Just lost power,came right back on.

Thank You Sponsors!