Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

71 F here now.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

With the windchill its 7.1° here  :D

SwampDonkey

Hmm, I'm up here near the Arctic circle and 10 times warmer. Global warming. :D :D

Oh, wait a minute, that line on the map is just the international border. ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

All the glaciers has you addled  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Need some grits I guess, so I can get cornfused. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

I would gladly take some global warming right now. Lows are supposed to be in the mid teens the next few nights with days only in the low to mid 30's with snow just about everyday until Thursday, except Monday when it could be warm enough to rain.

Beginning to think somebody moved da UP to the Arctic Circle and forgot to inform us of the change.

clww

We had 82 degrees earlier. Now, the big thunderstorms are headed our way and some parts of the state are under tornado warnings. Tomorrow is forecast to be 20 degrees cooler.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

Going to get some rain tonight and in the morning and cooler. Suppose to be in the 50's all next week.

Autocar

We had high winds yesturday with rain again but it was 71 degrees. Today it got to forthy but sleeted a couple of times with high winds again, I noticed a number of trees that were snapped off from all this wind.Suppose to get to thirty two tonight with more wind. Iam sick of all the wind I wonder if theres any place in north america where it dosen't blow so much.
Bill

mesquite buckeye

Of course. Tucson is 83 sunny, and not even a little windy. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

But nothing more than a sprinkle for 2 months now.... :-[
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Al_Smith

It nearly went from spring back to winter .Spit some snow today .Enough already .

thecfarm

Wind is still going at it here too. Was kinda cold wind this morning. Sometime through the day the temp went up and so did the wind.
Swampdonkey,I heard the peepers. I was out back with the sawmill just about dark and shut it off and I could just about hear them. Told the wife and she was not happy that I heard them before her.  8) I was doing a dance on the front lawn just to rub it it a little bit more.  :D But as you said I won't be happy when the black flies start biting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I kinda have a contest with mother over the first robin, peeper, swallow.......you name it. :D :D Was same with uncle who passed away in Nov, plus the first fiddle heads. Never could believe uncle because he lied so bad, being a Tobiquer. ;)

Oh yeah, my daffodils are up, no flowers yet.

I'm thinking the honey bees in the maple got stung by the winter cold though. I don't want them after me when I mow this summer around the tree. ::)

thecfarm

Rained hard in the night. A light rain now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Rain here to, but really the first rain this spring to add up to anything.

thecfarm

Yes,we need it. Been an odd spring here. Most times we need a rain to wash off the dirt off the snow backens so they will melt.  :D The rock over the bridge I never saw below water,maybe I missed it.  ::)  Not the high water we usually have. I planted peas,beet greens and swiss chard. I was thinking about going out with a watering can if we did not get this rain.

SwampDonkey

Monday there was a big snow bank against the house from drifting snow in the winter. Now there is about 2 wheel barrels left, be about gone by tomorrow morning I suspect. The ditch snow bank on the upper lawn is about 2 feet deep, but melting fast. Most ditch snow is all gone on the roads though.

chevytaHOE5674

I envy you guys with your bare ground. We didn't receive the 18" they predicted, only about 12" fell. But farther away from the lakeshore there was places that received over 20" of snow the last 2 days.

SwampDonkey

There is still a pile of snow drifted in off the field on my north line. It piles in there deep off the field. But that's dropping fast to.

Yard today and view for a mile..... ;D

mesquite buckeye

Mid 80's, sunny, with a light breeze. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Autocar

The wind has died down compared to the last few day. I cut wood all morning and it was spitting snow the whole time, Iam ready for spring to stay I remember the time I wanted to live up in the U.P. but hearing the snow storys from ChevytaHoe thats just to much winter for me  ;D.
Bill

SwampDonkey

I wouldn't right off the UP, it all depends on where you settle. I don't think the Soo gets anywhere near the snow that Chevy is getting. Right now your getting snow down there and it's mild up here, which is further north than Chevy is. ;D

Woodhauler

Quote from: thecfarm on April 20, 2013, 07:44:08 AM
Yes,we need it. Been an odd spring here. Most times we need a rain to wash off the dirt off the snow backens so they will melt.  :D The rock over the bridge I never saw below water,maybe I missed it.  ::)  Not the high water we usually have. I planted peas,beet greens and swiss chard. I was thinking about going out with a watering can if we did not get this rain.
Jumping the gun ain't you??? Peas maybe .
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

SwampDonkey

My father usually plants in April, carrots, beats, peas, radish. I never plant before June myself. I could, but don't. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!