iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jobs related to American forestry and trees I think would be cool.

Started by Tim Holt, February 17, 2019, 01:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Holt

1. USFS forest ranger: sounds adventurous, kayaking on wild rivers, snow skiing, setting off avalanches with military weapons, having a nice working dog in the woods, snowmobiling, horseback riding, dealing with wild animals, enjoying working in God's country, shooting deer that are overpopulating, citing those who destroy the environment, fighting fires, flying in planes, gliders and helicopters. Robert Bray on Lassie made the forest service life out to be so wild, adventurous and glamorous as well as dangerous!

My favorite Lassie TV series area of the forest service era (1963-1968) with Robert Bray as Corey Stuart. I love the Mother Nature side of America. Not the concrete jungle side!

Corey Stuart - Wikipedia

2. a truck driver driving a logging truck, a classic Kenworth

firefighter ontheside

#1 sounds good for me.  If I hadn't become a structural firefighter, going to school for forestry would have been next in line.  I did get to do a fair bit of wild land firefighting in California, Oregon and my favorite was fighting fire in Yellowstone.  Got to flyin some helicopters there.  I feel like I followed in my dads footsteps, as he had been a hotshot and smoke jumper in Oregon back in the 60s.  Now I get to fly in helicopters for the FEMA rescue task force that I'm on.

Do you get to do any of those things that you mentioned?
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Skeans1

Myself it would be #2 you're at least producing something and there's nothing like getting up before the sunrise every morning.

starmac

The logger haul for is in the middle of a 3 year job down on the coast, and pretty much ran short handed all last season, because there was just not an overabundance of experienced employees, willing to work out of a logging camp. He even had a hard time hiring drivers after we had to bring all of our trucks back out.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!