iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does this have a special name?

Started by woodbill2, January 07, 2007, 09:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbill2

Hi everyone,

I have been watching from the background for a couple of months and figure it's time to come out. I have some red alder that I tried to get to spalt and it didn't quite make it. I would like to know if this has a special name.

By the way I love this place. It has answered many of my questions.

Thanks, Bill
Rain doesn't get things wet, it makes them grow. So next time you get rained on, remember you're growing, not getting wet.

sprucebunny

Welcome to the forum, woodbill2  :)

I don't know if it has a special name... maybe semi-spalted ;D It's nice looking in any case.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Well, to me it looks like dry rot or what some may call dote. It probably does have an official name though, but I wouldn't know it. :D.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

solodan

I have no idea what it would be called, but you could call it something them yuppies are gonna like, and then charge a premium price for it. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :)

and I guess you have been hangin out here for awhile, cause you managed to get a picture posted in your first post, ;D  and then I looked in your gallery and seen that you have a DanG-Deadheader loader.  8) :)

woodbill2

Quote from: solodan on January 07, 2007, 11:29:05 PM
I have no idea what it would be called, but you could call it something them yuppies are gonna like, and then charge a premium price for it. ;)

That's kinda what I was hoping for. ;)
Rain doesn't get things wet, it makes them grow. So next time you get rained on, remember you're growing, not getting wet.

Thank You Sponsors!