iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need MAC User Help Re: Resizing Photos For My Forestry Forum Album.

Started by Chris Burchfield, October 24, 2010, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

I started way back with an MS XT.  Four over the years with the last two bout burned up.  Capacitors on the motherboard were popped and Geek Squad said it wasn't worth fixing @ 2 YOA.  I bought a MAC desktop nice wide screen.  Safari search engine.  Been real nice to use.  I want to resize and download my pics to my Forestry Album.  I just kinda don't know where or how to start.  Any help will be appreciated.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Chris Burchfield

When I used Tools/Adjust Size/ Custom 320 X 240 it reduces the Kb to 53 still above the 35 max.  The size is 4.44 X 3.33 which is like 2" X 3" on the screen.  This is so small it makes it difficult to see.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Warbird

Well, you have a couple of different options.  If you use the java uploader (juploader) they should be resized automatically for you.  Have you tried it?

I have run it in many Macs and it works, as long as you have java installed.  When using a Mac, I typically run FireFox as my web browser.  So let me know if you run into any difficulties.  They may be specific to Safari (I can do some testing if you run into problems).

If you don't want to mess with juploader or you simply want to know how to resize your pics manually, here's how:

You can use "Preview" to edit your photos, simply click on Tools, then Adjust Size.  In the small window that opens, you can change the resize options from "Percent" to "Pixels" and then set it for what Jeff allows here or to whatever else you want.  If this is for personal photos you won't post here, using the percentage is pretty cool.

And this method works great if you want to resize a lot of photos at once:

http://mac.yourhelppage.com/index.php/how-to-resize-images-in-mac-os-x-using-automator

clearcut

Another option using iPhoto is to select the photos you want to re-size and use the command

File Export

The dialog box allows you to specify custom dimension in terms of number of pixels etc. You can also select the level of jpeg compression.

There are many other options both paid and free.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

terrifictimbersllc

Chris, I use a mac and do my posts using Safari with little problems and don't do any resizing (now that I figured it out).  I use the "java uploader (re-sizes for you) link" right below the FF post window.   I think I figured out how to side-step some annoying features of this uploader that have to do with how you browse for the file on your computer from the uploader window.   I don't resize anything even if they are very big, the uploader does take care of that.

If your photos are in i-photo, select one and do file>export, then make sure it is a jpeg (others may work but not all of them), save it to somewhere like on your desktop in an "FF folder" maybe, whatever.  

Then when you are browsing for it within the "Java uploader (resizes for you)", make sure to double click on any folders within the browsing process, otherwise the uploader will start to read in every file in that folder, this is really annoying.

once you get the desired photo highlighted, then before you click upload, make sure you have your album selected in the drop down window to the upper left of the browser.  Then upload it goes into your album.

After it is in your album, you probably already know you can click on the photo, then copy the text from the window, and paste that into your post.  

PS if you want to PM me with any questions I'll be happy to try to help.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!