iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my wood shed build

Started by Glenn, March 23, 2014, 09:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I built a woodshed a while back.  I've wanted to post it for some time but never got around to it. 

Keep in mind that i'm not a carpenter so there may be some mistakes but they aren't noticeable driving by !

It is built all with old lumber i had lying around.  I used 2x8 for the roof and 5/4 x 5 for the walls.  I left about a 2 1/2 " space between the boards for air circulation.  It holds about 25 face cords of firewood and is piled on top of small arm sized logs so it is off the ground.  Sonotubes were used so the posts would last forever.

I have since built another bigger one on the other end of the building and plan to build three more in the future.  You can never have too much room !

Hope this worked !!

I have more photos in my gallery. 

jargo432

Looks great to me.  How do I view your gallery?
Jack of all trades.

jargo432

Ok I figured out how to view your gallery.  Very Nice!! 

I had a barn that I cleaned out and just stacked it all inside.  It won't get the air like I need but when It gets hot this summer I plan to put a fan in the open doorway.  I'm thinking It'll dry enough in 8 months to burn next winter.  I'll take some pictures today and try to make my own gallery.  I have no idea how many cords of wood I have, I'm just trying to fill the barn.  ;D
Jack of all trades.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Nice overhang,nice ventilation.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

chet

Glen, that woodshed you built with dat old lumber looks fantastic. Like an old barn dat has been there forever.  8) Then I scrolled down and seen da rest of da pics.  :D  Dat new part looks really good too.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Glenn

Thanks guys.  I should have built something like this years ago.  Its a great way to store wood and it dries well in there too.  I fill it green !!

Thank You Sponsors!