iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade Wood Splitter

Started by larry1, October 30, 2015, 05:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry1

Hi guys , just thought I would share a pic. of my old homemade splitter . It's powered by a 4cyl. Datson B210 engine and trans. Huge overkill and way to heavy to move , but we bought it cheap at the time in the  1980's- was better than the axe L.O.L. 

customdave

Hey neat machine, I like it.. 8)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

thecfarm

I like the dump truck behind it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gspren

That reminds me of one I have setting behind my pole building. Mine was built many years ago and had a 4cyl. Opel engine complete with transmission turning a pump off an ancient dozer, and sporting a 5" X 32" cylinder. A few years ago I got tired of fooling with the engine so I pulled the engine and pump and planned to replace but just never did, so it sits. By the time I'd buy a suitable engine and pump it would cost more than it's worth plus I got a 3 pt splitter that works.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

larry1

This one is getting harder to finds parts also , so  I may run it off my tractor wet line ,The old truck is a 1948 int  kb5  --runs and works good --it's my rat rod  l.o.l.

gspren

I don't want to use the tractors hydraulics but if I see a deal on a used PTO pump I might try that. The only tractor I have with enough hyd flow is my JD2355 loader tractor with a closed center system, with a PTO pump the little Kubota could power it keeping the loader available. DanG, now I'm thinking about spending money.  :o
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

larry1

Here is a better pic.  of the old KB5 . Hey , come to think of it I could run wet lines of the truck since it has a dump box  that's PTO driven . Rather than use my olie 88 or minie M5 tractor. --just a thought 

?

Thank You Sponsors!