iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did some Piebaggin.

Started by Jeff, February 29, 2024, 10:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This fall @Wildflower @Burlkraft  and @Scooby Doo  made and froze 20 apple pies from our wolf river apple tree. 

Yesterday I thawed 2 pies out, baked them, chilled them, sliced, then refroze and then vacuum packed individual slices.

Awesome snacks you can either eat partially frozen, thawed, or reheated.

20240228_195928.jpg20240229_100939.jpg20240229_100949.jpg

2 Gallons of Apple Pie!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

This tree and I have a lotta history.20210902_182223.jpg

SwampDonkey

I bet they are nice apples to. Around here they will get rail road worms around old orchard areas. Up at the woodlot I had a nice apple that was good in October. But the road crew pushed it over. It never had worms. The bears sure liked it to. I see another wild apple up there in a part of a grown in field. It was loaded with apples last fall. Never tried them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

This tree is still propped. Bears have tipped it over 3 times. It wouldn't tip over nowI don't think.

doc henderson

smart and tasty!  at the holidays, my grandmother would bake 8 or 10 pies of variety.  she would say at the onset, "these 3 pies are for Bryan".  I would eat 2 full plates of food and finish nearly all three pies.  I might share a little.  I wrestled 98 pounds as a 13 y/o freshman and did not have to lose weight.  In college I weighed 145 and was 3% body fat.  my how times have changed!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

YellowHammer

That made my stomach growl.  Nice!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

21incher

Any tree near an outhouse usually has big fruit  ffcheesy. Now I have a craving for pie  :thumbsup:
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

moosehunter

I can personally attest to the quality of these apple pie, well two pieces anyway. Had a nice visit with Mr and Mrs Boss, Burlcraft & Scooby Doo.
My bride got her dog fix to hold her until she got back home to her puppy. That is a pack at the Brokaw ranch!
The UP of Michigan is a way cool place. Hopefully we can get back when there is SNOW!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

Apple Pie!!!
Wife asked me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday. I told her Apple Pie!!! 
She has a special pie plate for Apple Pie. It's starts out more then 3 inches high. I use to eat half the pie years ago at one sitting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I like a good apple pie for sure. I also like a nice winter squash pie to. 

A cousin was in a hardware store locally. Spied some apple pies the Mennonite women were selling. He thought he would buy one, but saw the price, that sowered the apple pie. I think it was close to $20. No question about it being a good pie. But I don't know anyone who will pay that. The grocery stores charge $3 a lb for apples, but if you go to the orchard in season, 20 lbs is $5. Apples are best in the fall anyway. Never saw an apple in the dead of winter that was any good.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!