Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Probably difficult to predict out your way with the lake effect in the mix. ;D

Snowing here and a little breezy. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Bare ground and 36° here this morning!   :snowball:

We're hoping that this isn't a sign of what's to come, Sugaring Season is just around the corner.

Heck, they're already tapping in Northern Vermont! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

14 below 35 below wind chill :new_year:  :snowball: :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Maybe 3 inches of snow. I could make a young one mighty happy with a snowman this morning. 34°
Off and on sun. More off. :(  A warm sun would melt the snow we got. Well settle it down some more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

64 here now, rain all day yesterday, overcast today, rain tomorrow....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

2" of rain overnight, 49F here now (!?) and and wind gusts up to 45. yay. Anybody know if rice grows in colder climes?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Southside

I believe they have actually grown some in Vermont
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Southside logger on January 01, 2019, 11:38:48 AM
I believe they have actually grown some in Vermont
I should look into that then, My front lawn has parts that have't touched air in months.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

SwampDonkey

Had 5" and it stopped snowing so cleaned the drive way. I now see some more snow falling, probably won't be much to it. Around 30F, and no rain yet.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

53° and windy. Hung my laundry out this morning, and a bunch of it blew off, and fell in standing water  :bangshead:  I have my long sleeve shirts tied on the cords with their sleeves. I don't usually care if my wash ends up on the ground, but it's too wet for that this year. I need to hunt down some clothespins. I know I've got some around here somewhere.

SwampDonkey

Wind came up, and began clearing. Can't complain too much. ;D

WDH

72 degrees .  Very humid and muggy.  AC in the lumber room is on :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

:D :D

Well it's -3F here this morning. Cleaned the flu. But, it was pretty clean anyway just some powder soot. But I go through the monthly check list. ;D  Fire's on, nice and toasty. :)

chevytaHOE5674

-6° here this morning with a brisk wind. After today its supposed to start warming back UP into the mid/upper 30s. 

SwampDonkey

Icey blue view of Mount Katahdin today from the crow's nest. :) 8)

Old Greenhorn

31.8F here this morning with a dusting of snow and some flurries moving through. Supposed to hit 40 today. Then clear until Saturday with a chance of.... nah, I can't even say it.   >:(

Chuck White

It was 26° here this morning at 6:00, and we got about 4 inches of snow since about 9:00 last night with a little snow still falling!

Good to see the ground covered again!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Crusarius

Chuck, how is the snowmobiling up there? anything good yet?

I really need to register my sled and actually get some miles on it this year.

edit: I just read the last line.... Guess not :(

thecfarm

Nice picture of the Mt.I betcha I looked right at ya back in 1979. :D
Snow here,2 inches,so far.

Edit....
One hour later and stopped snowing. No sun yet,but I can see some blue sky. 16°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Snow today before day break and still going on, suppose to be snow tomorrow and again Saturday night. Not suppose to add up to much. It was -8 this morning, then jumped to 8 above in 2 hours.

thecfarm

Well we got 4 inches. BUT no rain so far. :o  Seem like it snows,warms up and rains. A nice fluffy snow at 16°.

Pulphook

Ditto for Mr. C.  Wet snow, more wet snow. ~ 4" with plenty of stupid drivers out.
They forget "Mo" : even with snow tires and 4WD, Mr Mo won't prevent slipping and sliding.
Never dismiss stupidity on the road. :o
(Mo = momentum )
Two wood stoves ( Jotul Rangely ,Jotul Oslo ) heating 99 44/100%
24/7. No central heat. 6-8 cords firewood from the woodlot /year. Low low tech: ATV with trailer, 3 saws, 2 electric splitters, a worn pulphook, peavy, climbing line for skidding, Fiskars 27, an old back getting older.

SwampDonkey

Snow ended here before dark and the DOT plow came along about then. 3" I think

Chuck White

Snowmobiling doesn't exist in this immediate area!

We have gotten about 5-6 inches of snow at this time!

Still a little bit falling!

Al_Smith

Still warm for Jan .into the 20's at night high 40's day time .

Thank You Sponsors!