iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor 2019

Started by Ron Wenrich, September 25, 2019, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armechanic

It is all in the writing of the script, but if we read the script it wouldn't be any fun.  Disclaimer,  I don't watch realty shows,  I have enough real life to do me.
1989 Lt 40, D6C CAT, Home made wood processer in progress.

Jeff

Just as a reminder so everyone that may not know because they are new or for what ever other reasons, we do not disparage the show survivor in these topics. There are several of us that enjoy the show and enjoy talking about it. Join in if you do too.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

That was crazy but then anytime that you mix paranoid with people you get crazy.  Very enjoyable crazy.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I forgot and missed the first half so I don't know about the immunity challenge. I thought (and hoped) Noura was getting her walking papers and don't know why Jamal (?) used an idol in a wasted attempt to save her. I would not trust her as far as I could throw her so gaining her alliance for the future has no value IMHO.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

It seems every season lately we get the obligatory social message episode. Hopefully this was it and they can move on to pure game play. If i was to find out that at any time these were pre-engineered, I'd  be done as a fan.

Cedarman

I am with you Jeff.  I don't need more social education on this show.  Get enough from other shows.  Please tell me why Jack was voted off instead of a few others.  Giving the idol to Dean and then voting for him was one of the best moves I have seen that came off well.  At least for Dean.

Most elementary kids learn that you can not drop a block at an angle into a hole and expect it to go.  If he had picked it up and dropped it in, they would not have went to the late meeting.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Raider Bill

Rest in peace Master Chief Boesch
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

That was a classy move for them to do that. He was a memorable guy.

Raider Bill

They did it for his wife when she passed too.

I met him before he was on survivor. quite a guy. if you ever get a chance read "the book of rudy".

Cedarman

Being well educated and highly intelligent does not keep one from going home with 2 idols in their pocket.
Happy to see her go.  Happy to see Jamal go.  Not too happy with the rest of the show.

WDH

Hopefully as we go along it will be less a platform for social activism. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I missed the first episode last night but caught the second.  Yup, it's mostly talk for now but we don't know what is really going on behind the scenes with the trust/distrust situation.  Quite obviously not everyone is in a trusted loop, but then again when it is a cutthroat game, what is trust? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Quote from: WDH on November 14, 2019, 07:48:52 AM
Hopefully as we go along it will be less a platform for social activism.
Last night could very well cause Dan some serious issues in his life and business.

Magicman

Yup, when you know the rules and the exposure, you have to ask "why"?

Chuck White

Good to see they finally used some idols!

Really changed things around!

Just can't become too RELAXED!

All and all, good show tonight!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

I thought they played well tonight. I personally despise Noura and hate to see she has made it this far but that is just me.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Cedarman

Noura goes into the zone and lets her yoga do the trick.  Impressive.  She's calmed down quite a bit. Definitely a much more fun show last night.  Any one want to bet on who goes home next time?  Final 3 guess?

Magicman

Some mistakes but overall a good show.  A good player without an idol or other trusted support is doomed.

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

What is that strange term you used "Trusted Support?" Are we watching the same show? :D

I'd say you definitely want to stay in the middle of the pack and not be a threat to anyone as long as possible then you just have either keep winning immunity or finding immunity idols till the end. Being too good at anything sure puts a target on your back.
Howard Green

Magicman

I agree WV, even idols and advantages are no good if they remain in your pocket. 

I never understand why someone is not always scratching for an idol, or maybe they are and are not successful.  I guess there is no use showing unsuccessful digging.

WDH

In the early years, the strong and athletic players won.  Not anymore it seems.  They get picked off.  Being smart and cagey is much better than being strong and athletic.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Considering last week's vote this was a given. I hope for their sake that all of that other drama was just drama, but there will be some cutthroat surprises on the horizon. 

I don't really like any of them enough to have a favorite, but of course I have missed a few episodes.

Cedarman

My prognostication from last week was in jeopardy as I watched the chaos at tribal.  Felt sure Nora had sealed her fate.
I'm with MM.  No big favorite, but I like it that any of them can win.  laura should have a target on her back next week.
How would you like Nora for a wife!!!!

Raider Bill

I'm pulling for the red headed school teacher.

Magicman

So another immunity idol goes home in a pocket (what was she thinking?) and Dan just got sent home.

Finale next Wednesday night. 

Thank You Sponsors!